Dark Souls

WhenKittensATK

I love demon's souls and dark souls. But for some reason i like the way demon's souls had the levels set up better than having an open world. And also the multiplayer on dark souls sucks you cant even play with your friends. It was perfect on demon's souls though.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this game is so hard! i spent 30hours just getting to 1/3rd of the game (which is ringing both bells). now i'm about 50 hours in and just finished the 2/3rds. it's a very rewarding game but if your lvl 72 and you still are killed by the enemies at the start of the game because they push you off the ledge, something is wrong....very wrong with the game.

I talked to people who managed to beat the game and they hit lvl 130 just to beat the game!! this is an extreme hardcore RPG.

• 3 weeks later...

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition will include an untold chapter in the world of Lordran where the player must stop the spread of darkness at all costs by facing and defeating the Dark Knight Artorias. preorder_preparetodie_ed.jpg

• New Bosses - Including Artorias of Abyss, Chimera of Tomb, and more
  • PVP Online Matchmaking System - Quick matching for co-op or PVP
  • New Areas – Including Oolacile Tomb, Old Ruins and more
  • New Enemies – Including Abyss Guard, Chained Prisoner and more
  • New NPCs – Including Hawkeye Gough and more
  • New Weapons and Armor – Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs

More details to be revealed...

SOURCE

Sounds awesome and glad PC gamers are getting brand new content, but man, I was hoping for Steamworks, not GFWL :(

so i finally beat dark souls! ended at lvl 90 and around 60 hours (60 hours is short from a few of my friends who beat it). Now i'm going to have to say they made it pointlessly difficult for the wrong reasons. Most of the time i would turn a corner and be killed in 1 hit. This happened for about half the game and this is when i finally told myself it was okay to peek at the guide. because honestly i wasn't going to continue to play it anymore. come to find out, there is 4 different types of attacks, you can upgrade your weapons a crazy amount (not just to +5) and there are rings you NEED to use for each area of the game or you flat out die without warning (many boss fights). Now if they explained things from the start i wouldn't have wasted 30hours ringing 2 bells that took me 30minutes to do on my second play through.

SO F-U Dark Souls, and From Software. next time make a game that is playable....

For the few PS3 owners that haven't tried this game out ( :whistling::whistling::whistling: ) ...we, THEY may have yet another reason to wait till Aug 24 for the PC release.

Demon's Souls Severs May 31st 11:59PM PST

Is the PC version just the second game or does it include the first game as well?

Dark Souls is merely the spiritual successor to Demon's Souls. They're set in completely different worlds. PC is getting Dark Souls, not Demon's Souls.

Well, I had planned on buying this but GFWL? No thanks! Yet another game ruined for me through software I don't want. Whatever happened to games just being games? I just get suck of seeing Steam and so many other types of software attached to games now, even if I do like Steam, I don't want it forced into a game, it should be optional.

Dark Souls is merely the spiritual successor to Demon's Souls. They're set in completely different worlds. PC is getting Dark Souls, not Demon's Souls.

They should release both to the PC regardless. Oh well, may not matter...

Well, I had planned on buying this but GFWL? No thanks! Yet another game ruined for me through software I don't want. Whatever happened to games just being games? I just get suck of seeing Steam and so many other types of software attached to games now, even if I do like Steam, I don't want it forced into a game, it should be optional.

:withstupid:

I hate to pick on Steam ...especially since it is the only one I allow on my system (removed Origin), but I been saying this since Steam. I like to keep things simple and clean. I don't want additional software in addition to the software I am putting on there. That is why I am ok with Bnet 2.0. I can log in and keep all my games in a library but i don't need software to do it as it is all server side.

Will definitely have to pass up on the PC version and just borrow the PS3 version from my friend ...since this generation of consoles still allows it. :P