Dark Souls

WhenKittensATK

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/08/23/why-pc-gamers-shouldnt-pirate-dark-souls/

I agree with many of the comments that piracy is wrong no matter the game, I also completely agree with the author, that we shouldn't "punish" From Software for a straight up port - they attempted something they've never done before because PC gamers wanted it.

If this was a masterful port, I may have bought it on day one just to support From Software, but that that would have been unlikely. Instead, I probably would have waited for the Steam Winter Sale (or later sale), just like I'll be doing now.

If it didn't have the lame GFWL requirement I would have no problem supporting Dark Souls on the PC. I would love to see them get a PC fanbase strong enough so that they create games on the PC to start with. Dark Souls with Witcher 2 or even Skyrim level of detail would be intense!

Yeah, if they drop GFWL i'd get it. I'd wait until it's on sale though. If it was a better port i'd have no problem picking it up on release. I'm done supporting any game with GFWL and Uplay. Don't care how good it may be.

Trying to play it right now, not going too well. :glare:

Would not recommend this to anyone with multiple monitors, both in windowed mode and fullscreen mode, the cursor will simply go outside of the game's window, so it's totally unplayable until I find a fix for this. :(

I don't really care about it myself, but the graphics are indeed a bit sad, feels like I'm playing something from 2005.

Sadly I can't comment on anything else until I sort out this cursor stuff.

I did find a good article on some fixes and mods and what not for it though.

There's already mods to improve the graphics, so that's kind of neat, but the fact that there was such a demand kind of shows how poor they were to start with I think.

Edited by Deathmineral

someone already made a mod to bypass the 720 and 30fps lock. just google it.

I did find a good article on some fixes and mods and what not for it though.

There's already mods to improve the graphics, so that's kind of neat, but the fact that there was such a demand kind of shows how poor they were to start with I think.

Or just use the link in Death's post or the one here.

I guess the mod has txt and camera issues, I rather just run it at 720 and using the control panel overides for 32x AA. I also noticed the textures are higher detailed than the xbox, I'm guessing the vram limit made them have to lower the file sizes.

edit: I still don't understand how the port could be as hard as they said. they are moving it from xbox dx9 to PC DirectX (same thing). I guess since it was optimized for 3 cores they had to find way to get everything running off of 1 thread (hence the lag issues people are having). It's a very poor port and the team doesn't care (already said in interviews). It's truly only for the fans and we are lucky to get it at all.

edit 2: ugh this is unplayable, they didn't even change the buttons so it still has all the 360 ones listed. basically grab your 360 controller and plug it in because I can't even really walk around with the keyboard and mouse. Second up the AA an AF override doesn't work so you'll have to wait for the new drivers

Edited by hornybluecow