Best CPU Cooler 2011 So Far?

bennymx

A bad ssd outperforms the best hard drive in benches and real world noticeable performance. I thought I would never get a ssd until I bought a ocz revo drive. I'm never going back to a old spin up hdd on the o.s.. ill use a hard drive for storage but having an ssd for the OS drive and frequently accessed files Completely changes the game and makes overclocking more effective in itself.

What I would do if I were you is get an ocz vertex II ssd and a hyper 212+, dark Night, d14 or a megahelms in one transaction then get the coolermaster 850 psu a month later. After that overclock it an you will see what an ssd plus a good overclock and you will love it.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best cooler is a subjective thing, are we talking best cooling, best access, best value, best all of the above?

Right now I a really like self enclosed liquid cooling systems such as the Antec H2O 620/920 or the Corsair H60/H50/H70/H80/H100. For air coolers I am currently reviewing the Thermaltake FrioOCK and it is really a beast at cooling.

Best cooler is a subjective thing, are we talking best cooling, best access, best value, best all of the above?

Right now I a really like self enclosed liquid cooling systems such as the Antec H2O 620/920 or the Corsair H60/H50/H70/H80/H100. For air coolers I am currently reviewing the Thermaltake FrioOCK and it is really a beast at cooling.

Frio is great for the money but pump some voltage... that's where the D-14 passes it up but more $ of course.

I love my Zalman CNPS9900MAX, it works great cooling a 965 oced to 4GHz, second the ssd, just got a samsung one, and revo x2, the revo made me a believer, and I was very skeptical at first, the samsung is not bad either with a write speed 200MB/s.

I love my Zalman CNPS9900MAX, it works great cooling a 965 oced to 4GHz, second the ssd, just got a samsung one, and revo x2, the revo made me a believer, and I was very skeptical at first, the samsung is not bad either with a write speed 200MB/s.

:withstupid:

Amen, love my MAX and my Vertex 2 had me buying a little 64GB SSD for my HTPC Fusion system

Like ComputerEd said you should try and look into the closed loop water cooling. They've made great progress the last couple of years and are now competing with some of the best air coolers. And they barely take up any space.

These guys seem to know what they're doing.

Not sure how current their Top 5 Lists are any more (many of the coolers aren't made any more), so take that with a grain of salt. I normally check out the reviews of the individual coolers, they do several tests for each cooler and rank them against their extensive database.