The American

Krieg1337

Saw this last night and wondered what your opinions on it are?

Personally I thought this movie was just plain awful. The trailers included every scene that had action in it or something interesting, it seemed the entire rest of the movie was him walking around.

I really liked it.

I was in a slow paced mood and it fit well with that.

If you were expecting something like State of Play or something similar, you might have been put off. Especially with the Trailer footage. But why cite the movie as poor just because some marketing rep butchered/mislead with an audience with the trailer.

If you missed that twinge of remorse when Clooney finally made it back to the meeting spot, you missed the point of the movie. I thought it was overall well done, with a unique feel, and theatrical character.

If you semi liked this but were looking for something different, watch No Country for Old Men...

But then come back and watch this again, I think it deserves a second look.

I read a few reviews, and a bit of info on the story. I partially understand it, but its still not that great. I honestly just got bored of it. It repeated the same process almost 4 times. He drives to the priest. He goes home, walks around, builds the gun. Variation, he has sechs with a prostitute and somehow suddenly knows and has a relationship with her? I feel like this was another Harry Potter movie, you have no idea what's actually going on without reading the books :O. (7th I felt like I would be clueless had I not read the books)

If you semi liked this but were looking for something different, watch No Country for Old Men...

I haven't seen The American, but I saw No Country for Old Men and it sounds very similar to this...and IMHO it was a terrible movie

I heard all the action was in the trailors and it was one of the slowest movies of all time. Think I am going to pass on this one. Just watched 127 Hours though, that was awesome.

I heard all the action was in the trailors and it was one of the slowest movies of all time. Think I am going to pass on this one. Just watched 127 Hours though, that was awesome.

Yes, every action scene was put into the trailer. Its basically 1 hour and 30 mins of him walking around and then 10 mins of action.