[WTS] Asus P6TD Deluxe x58 and Intel i7 920

wevsspot

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Now we just need some way to get IVI to ditch the 4870x2. :teehee:

Lol! Poor Ivi, No matter what you do, you just get picked on left and right...

What are we gonna do when he upgrades that too? Have to find a new person to dog on i guess.

What are we gonna do when he upgrades that too? Have to find a new person to dog on i guess.

Haha I can already see the Sandy Bridge people dogging us poor first generation i3/i5/i7 people in a few months time :teehee:

:lol: Yeah, when and if IVI upgrades his video card we'll need someone else. Or we could just go after IVI to finally get a new case. :P

Don't hate on the beige man!

Pfft, his case hasn't been beige for ages. It is now a shade of blue with no panels of any kind attached.

I agree wev, it was high time IVI upgraded and it allowed you to get rid of some items and have more cash for your own upgrades.

Oh you guiz :teehee:

My 4870x2 isn't leaving until I run out of good DX9-DX10 only games that it can handle haha

Certainly never leaving my case, we'll see how the D14 fits (hopefully I get the D14 for $50+Ship, otherwise I'll have to go for the Pro-Megas for $30+Ship, but I'll need to hunt for good fans again and I'm lazy lol)

I'll be rocking it stock cooler until I get a fitting cooler for a good price.

My 4870x2 isn't leaving until I run out of good DX9-DX10 only games that it can handle haha

Certainly never leaving my case, we'll see how the D14 fits (hopefully I get the D14 for $50+Ship, otherwise I'll have to go for the Pro-Megas for $30+Ship, but I'll need to hunt for good fans again and I'm lazy lol)

Yeah, We kind of knew that one Ivi. You need a pair of 460's and a case of beers. Your life my be complete after that. :cheers:

No question the NH-D14 is better. But my Megahalems is pretty awesome! Im able to 4.2Ghz on it with 73c on the hottest core... and stable 4.4ghz with like 82 which is too hot for me to run all day, but still fantastic for 4.4Ghz on air. Its benchmark stable at 4.5 which is awesome too, i just wont put it under prime95 to see max temps as im worried what they will look like, haha.

If you need fans, i have a pair of Cooler Master R4's that run 90CFM @ 2000rpm that work great on my Megahalems, they arent even that loud!! I think the Cooler Master Sickleflow 69CFM fans would work perfectly, since most of the time i dont run the R4's at 2000 rpm's anyways. So id recommend either of them as a easy/lazy option for ya.

In my experience, having used both the NH-D14 and Megahalems Rev. B with two NF-D12's in push/pull with the same CPU, the difference in CPU temps are minimal during CPU load on an i7 920 d0 at 4.0GHz in Prime95. The Noctua NH-D14 wins by 1C.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=180624&st=0