First post on OCC

GrimX9

Hey OCC, first post, but i've been working with computers for a few years now. gotsdamojo showed me this site, and it's become the main website I check for reviews and news, so I registered. I've been working with electronics (soldering, circuit design, microcontrollers and embedded systems) for several years, but I built my first computer just a couple years ago. Since then I've really enjoyed reading about the competition between AMD, Nvidia and Intel and all the great products and innovations they've released since then. I'm currently working on building a E6850 system (my first intel system) into a 40mm ammo can, used for 40mm grenades. I will post a worklog, detailing the construction from start to finish.

Hey OCC, first post, but i've been working with computers for a few years now. gotsdamojo showed me this site, and it's become the main website I check for reviews and news, so I registered. I've been working with electronics (soldering, circuit design, microcontrollers and embedded systems) for several years, but I built my first computer just a couple years ago. Since then I've really enjoyed reading about the competition between AMD, Nvidia and Intel and all the great products and innovations they've released since then. I'm currently working on building a E6850 system (my first intel system) into a 40mm ammo can, used for 40mm grenades. I will post a worklog, detailing the construction from start to finish.

Welcome to OCC !

I cant wait to see a pc inside a 40mm ammo can , but wont it be too small ? A mini itx motherboard wont even fit

Welcome to OCC mate! :thumbsup:

Wow your job sounds so interesting! I can't wait to start doing circuit design at University this year will be epic (about to start 2nd year of an electrical/electronic engineering degree :) )

That new build sounds epic! Can't wait to see it happen.

I agree - this website is awesome and feel free to make it more awesome by imparting some of your own expertise.

Hope to see you around :)

Kind of deceiving, but a 40MM ammo can has dimensions of 17.25"x9.5"x5.5", which is large enough to accommodate Full sized ATX Motherboards, with room for an ATX power supply! 50Cal ammo cans are large enough for a MicroATX motherboard, and a 30Cal is large enough for a MiniITX motherboard. Here's a picture for a visual reference. These are all old motherboards, so the ATX and MicroATX boards are about 1 inch wider than today's motherboards. It includes a 3.5" Hard Drive, 120mm fan, 80mm fan, MiniITX, MicroATX and ATX motherboards, as well as 30cal 50cal and 40mm ammo cans, respectively.

post-75147-12951616838866_thumb.jpg