Intel Core i7 2600K and Core i5 2500K Reviewed

Bosco

No. Just i would love to be able to go to a microcenter when i do need something. They regularly have prices better than the egg.

Not really. Only some CPU's and some Motherboards, and they only have combos for those. On occasion, they have some great OEM prices on optical drives, but that's about it. I live 10 minutes away from one, I'd know. :P

Yeah, Micro Center has good deals on some Intel processors and thats about it really. If you need an Intel CPU, they are a good place to check. Otherwise, Newegg or even Amazon work.

Not really. Only some CPU's and some Motherboards, and they only have combos for those. On occasion, they have some great OEM prices on optical drives, but that's about it. I live 10 minutes away from one, I'd know. :P

Yeah, Micro Center has good deals on some Intel processors and thats about it really. If you need an Intel CPU, they are a good place to check. Otherwise, Newegg or even Amazon work.

:withstupid:

I live ~40 minutes away and once went there to pick up a Q9550 for a fellow OCC member, it's a really cool store. Most of the prices other than the CPUs were high but the staff were really helpful and knowledgeable, I also scored a really nice usb Wireless N adapter for $14 :)

I wish one was even closer, I'd probably hang out there and window shop. Their cooler section was awesome, I was nerding out arguing about the best cooler with some asian customer haha

Is Bulldozer on 32nm like this,so it will be cool too and overclock higher?

Yes it will.

But I've heard that the thermal limit of 32nm is 62C and when you overclock with such high voltage on 32nm you will decrease the lifespan much faster.

I also heard that the chips sent to reviewers are D1 revisions and retail version are D2 and cant overclock as high.

Socket 2011 will have 12 cores so I dont think bulldozer would beat intel in the highest performance section of cpu's. AMD nearly always comes second but offer great price/performance

Yes it will.

But I've heard that the thermal limit of 32nm is 62C and when you overclock with such high voltage on 32nm you will decrease the lifespan much faster.

I also heard that the chips sent to reviewers are D1 revisions and retail version are D2 and cant overclock as high.

Socket 2011 will have 12 cores so I dont think bulldozer would beat intel in the highest performance section of cpu's. AMD nearly always comes second but offer great price/performance

What exactly is Socket 2011? Server ones?

Theoretically could amd have 16 core bulldozer cause of the modules so it's easy to build processors?

The i7 2600 is like 300 Euro which is a 70 more expensive that an AMD X6 1090T, is it worth it?

Can't wait for Bulldozer but a 50% increase in speed over current Phenom II's, I wanna see that first teehee.gif

Golden Age of Chips :)

Edited by Dan The Gamer