3dMark 11

Water_Hazard

Hey guys,

Im new but i clocked:

P7478

PII 1100T BE, 8GB Ram CL 9 @ 1600, 6990 No Overclocking.

Is that any good?

Link to 3dmark here

Thats a pretty good score for a non overclocked Phenom II x6!! It would be even better if you had an i7 though!! Lolol. Still thats pretty impressive! I bet your computer smashes through video games!

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a pretty good score for a non overclocked Phenom II x6!! It would be even better if you had an i7 though!! Lolol. Still thats pretty impressive! I bet your computer smashes through video games!

Yeah im yet to try it with Crysis 1 but everything thats out currently I can play on Ultra settings. I put it down to the 6990 but. They are really amazing. Also helps when you have 6 cores running at 3.7 Ghz in turbo instead of 4 mode it does well.

Still frustrated with the lack of L3 cache with AMD. In the k6 era it was how they used to munch on intel. Now it seems its turned the other way.

Yeah im yet to try it with Crysis 1 but everything thats out currently I can play on Ultra settings. I put it down to the 6990 but. They are really amazing. Also helps when you have 6 cores running at 3.7 Ghz in turbo instead of 4 mode it does well.

Still frustrated with the lack of L3 cache with AMD. In the k6 era it was how they used to munch on intel. Now it seems its turned the other way.

L3 has nothing do with why Intel is crushing AMD right now, lol. Its pure core architecture ownage at this point. Hopefully Bulldozer changes things? Id love to see AMD compete on more than just a price level again!biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Another one for the list, still playing around but here's the highest for the night.

P10400 - Gagzila - i7 2600K @ 5.0GHz / HD6950 x 2 @ 900 / 1325

3DMark11-OC50CPU1600RAM900GPU1325MEM.png

Cheers,

Craig

I have a question. Which benchmark has a more beautiful and realistic graphics, 3D mark11 , or unigine heaven2.5?? I need an opinion especially from article writers ( professional testers).

Edited by Krikman666

I have a question. Which benchmark has a more beautiful and realistic graphics, 3D mark11 , or unigine heaven2.5?? I need an opinion especially from article writers ( professional testers).

Unigine Heaven 2.5 IMO

3D Mark 11 is too intensive but not too graphical . The extremepreset is nice and all but I'd rather be sitting through a beautiful benchmark in Heaven 2.5 on extreme tessalation with maxed settings