3dMark 11

Water_Hazard

Nice , here was the link to mine : http://3dmark.com/3dm11/653745

I love how my graphics score and clocks are higher than yours but your cpu brings the p score up :lol:

Im might be trading for an i7 950 this weekend . But Im happy with my score , when you WC you'll blast pass all of us lol

I got the second 580 and it overclocks like a b. Need to return it for a new one. By the way I hear that the i7 950 is a horrible overclocker, you won't like it at all :P

What brand of 580 do you have?

Edited by olokul

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

going to retun both of these card, nether one of them overclock very well, the second one is really bad. I should of just bought evga like i was thinking about but thought i would get a better air cooler for them so i went msi. I had two evga 460's that i gave to my brother when i bought the two zotac 480's. Both 460's ran really well and when one died evga had an excellent rma program. Even when my brother told them that he didnt buy them that they were given to him the still replaced it for him. i think i got lucky with the zotac's since it was the first time i heard of them, the only problem i had with them was the 8 pin connector. for some reason the 8 pin from the psu would not fit you had to use the two 6 pin to 8 pin supplyed with the card. but they put up some really good scores for me so i cant complain. guess ill return these msi card and go back to evga and be happy once again. the most i could get out of these cards was 930/2380 the second one couldnt get over 915 :( but atleast ill have two 580 waterblocks waiting when my new cards come :)

Edited by olokul

going to retun both of these card, nether one of them overclock very well, the second one is really bad. I should of just bought evga like i was thinking about but thought i would get a better air cooler for them so i went msi. I had two evga 460's that i gave to my brother when i bought the two zotac 480's. Both 460's ran really well and when one died evga had an excellent rma program. Even when my brother told them that he didnt buy them that they were given to him the still replaced it for him. i think i got lucky with the zotac's since it was the first time i heard of them, the only problem i had with them was the 8 pin connector. for some reason the 8 pin from the psu would not fit you had to use the two 6 pin to 8 pin supplyed with the card. but they put up some really good scores for me so i cant complain. guess ill return these msi card and go back to evga and be happy once again. the most i could get out of these cards was 930/2380 the second one couldnt get over 915 :( but atleast ill have two 580 waterblocks waiting when my new cards come :)

Hmm... Thats odd, How much voltage where you allowed to you?

Newegg had them advertised as 800mhz but one was at 823mhz with 1025 mvolts and the second was at 822mhz 1000 mvolts I'll have to check but I'm sure max volts on it was 1150

just got my waterblocks so im going to put one on and see if they get any better

So with the waterblock on the better of the two cards I've been able to hit 945/2390 so far

Edited by olokul

Lol

Specs as of right now

CPU 950=4.61mhz

Ram 2005mhz 8-9-8-28

(1) 580 970/2390

Score 7310 (priceless)

I still haven hit a max on the core clock yet and haven't played with the memory clock since the first pull. This thing is crazy on water, looks like I'm going to keep this one atleast. Have to see how the other one does on water.

looks like i found the max for this card

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/721821 score 7355

Edited by olokul

its offical the second card just sucks. put it under water and in sli i cant get over 915/2225 going to pull it out tomorrow and send it back on monday, had high hopes since the first one did so well but i guess not all msi card are created equal

this was the best i could do for now in sli

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/722644 score 12251

Edited by olokul