3dMark 11

Water_Hazard

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill have to re run all of my benches now that i have new drivers and i ducted my rads to my window :biggrin: its 23f outside right now

heres a quick shot of my temps

temps.png

with prime running

prime.png

Edited by olokul

have to love nvidia's new drivers... i beat my high score with lower clockes on my cpu and videocard

You also made a improvement on your CPU score due to having a much high clocked and tight timing ram. If you noticed your CPU score was higher at 4.2Ghz that it was at 4.6 that you tested at before. You had a lower GPU score than your test with higher clocks, but a higher CPU score due to the massive increase in memory speed.

The drivers did infact not increase your score. Your more effective CPU/RAM overclock was the result of the higher score. See my memory testing results earlier in the forum for confirmation on this fact.

As you can see, your lower graphics score was overall increased by your higher CPU score, and MUCH higher combined score. 3dmark11 is very memory heavy.

Now try this again with your higher GPU clocks, lol! I bet you can break 12k with your cpu at a higher speed but in same fashion that keeps your memory and roughly the same speed/timings that its at now. And using the high GPU clocks you tested through the first time!

Its all about the details man!! The proof of my drunken ramblings is in your results pages!

<br>Ok heres my score : 6581<br>SS attached<br>
<br><br>Doesnt change that if you look at his results pages, despite his higher P-score. his GPU score was alittle lower, his CPU score at 4.2Ghz was higher than his score at 4.6ghz and his combined score was over 1000 points higher.

Doesnt change that if you look at his results pages, despite his higher P-score. his GPU score was alittle lower, his CPU score at 4.2Ghz was higher than his score at 4.6ghz and his combined score was over 1000 points higher.

Are you talking to me ? I dont get what you're saying

My new score : 6639

You also made a improvement on your CPU score due to having a much high clocked and tight timing ram. If you noticed your CPU score was higher at 4.2Ghz that it was at 4.6 that you tested at before. You had a lower GPU score than your test with higher clocks, but a higher CPU score due to the massive increase in memory speed.

The drivers did infact not increase your score. Your more effective CPU/RAM overclock was the result of the higher score. See my memory testing results earlier in the forum for confirmation on this fact.

As you can see, your lower graphics score was overall increased by your higher CPU score, and MUCH higher combined score. 3dmark11 is very memory heavy.

Now try this again with your higher GPU clocks, lol! I bet you can break 12k with your cpu at a higher speed but in same fashion that keeps your memory and roughly the same speed/timings that its at now. And using the high GPU clocks you tested through the first time!

Its all about the details man!! The proof of my drunken ramblings is in your results pages!

not sure where you're seeing my ram timings but i have my computer clocked at 4.6 again and i have my timings at 6-8-6-24 the same as before. when i was at 4.2 they were at 7-9-7-24, also at 4.2 that was as high as i could go with my gpu i couldnt hit the same clocks as before with the new drivers

not sure where you're seeing my ram timings but i have my computer clocked at 4.6 again and i have my timings at 6-8-6-24 the same as before. when i was at 4.2 they were at 7-9-7-24, also at 4.2 that was as high as i could go with my gpu i couldnt hit the same clocks as before with the new drivers

What i see in the SS's you have posted of your scores is, when your CPU is clocked at 4.2Ghz, you run your ram at 1840~ish Mhz, @ 7-9-7-24... And when you have your CPU at 4.6, you have your ram at 1608mhz @ 6-8-6-24.

Basically i think my wording is bad, you guys dont seem to understand what im trying to point out. What im saying is, Your new drivers didnt make your score go up, Atleast not all by themselves, Your RAM did! See the attached SS i took from a side-by-side of two of your results pages Olokul, the one you have posted with your highest P-score yet, has a lower graphics score than the one previous. See how your CPU at 4.2ghz get a HIGHER physics score than it does at 4.6ghz? This of course doesnt prove true for many benchmarks such as wprime in which memory speed wont mean anything. But 3dmark11 LOVES ram speeds/timings. I do feel like with 1500 point different in combined score area, that the higher CPU score couldnt have done that on its own. So i think the new drivers may have had some benefit here, but there is no way to know without some extensive testing thats probably not worth actually testing for haha.

Hope this clarifies the point im trying to make! Also, its too bad you cant inch out those same clocks on your cards now with the new drivers, Thats pretty annoying.

post-73007-12963021086539_thumb.png

Imma put my cpu at 3.8GHz and try to use a higher stable FSB to overclock my ram to hopefully around 2150mhz or even 2200mhz with lots of ram volts (the massive corsair dhx ram cooler should handle it fine) and see if it ups my cpu score a decent bit .

If it doesnt then AMD cpu's suck and Intel's are pure awesomeness and might convince my dad for a 2600k (not likely) :P

What i see in the SS's you have posted of your scores is, when your CPU is clocked at 4.2Ghz, you run your ram at 1840~ish Mhz, @ 7-9-7-24... And when you have your CPU at 4.6, you have your ram at 1608mhz @ 6-8-6-24.

Basically i think my wording is bad, you guys dont seem to understand what im trying to point out. What im saying is, Your new drivers didnt make your score go up, Atleast not all by themselves, Your RAM did! See the attached SS i took from a side-by-side of two of your results pages Olokul, the one you have posted with your highest P-score yet, has a lower graphics score than the one previous. See how your CPU at 4.2ghz get a HIGHER physics score than it does at 4.6ghz? This of course doesnt prove true for many benchmarks such as wprime in which memory speed wont mean anything. But 3dmark11 LOVES ram speeds/timings. I do feel like with 1500 point different in combined score area, that the higher CPU score couldnt have done that on its own. So i think the new drivers may have had some benefit here, but there is no way to know without some extensive testing thats probably not worth actually testing for haha.

Hope this clarifies the point im trying to make! Also, its too bad you cant inch out those same clocks on your cards now with the new drivers, Thats pretty annoying.

i gottcha yeah i can only get my ram to 1850 ish then i have to bump it down to get my cpu to go higher