Shader Toy Mark GPU Benchmark scores

Nyt

Hey guys ,

I found this new benchmark on the web called Shader Toy Mark.

Its a cool program just to compare the shader power of gpu's . All you have to do is download it , extract it and run it .

Take a screenshot and post it here in the thread and I will list all the scores here in the first post .

Lets run it at 1024x768 fullscreen with no AA .

Specify your graphics card or cards .

This benchmark is very intensive and may stutter quite a bit .

Feel free to discuss your settings and results.

Version 0.1.0 scores :

Scores : Nvidia and AMD/ATI and Other

1st: Olokul - GTX480 SLI - 86FPS

1st : Nyt Ryda - HD5970 - 61FPS

2nd : MattyAMDFanboi - GTX580 - 45FPS

4rd: Olokul - GTX480 - 43FPS

3rd : Holy Angel - GTX470 - 31FPS

4th (a tie between) :

Waco - 4870x2 - 11FPS

Guest Jim - HD5770 - 11FPS

No Snipe Limit - Intel Bear Lake B - 11FPS

Joel.Monteiro - HD4870 - 11FPS

5th : IVIYTHOS - 4870x2 - 10FPS

Update 1: For crossfire (new fix) :

Crossfire guys , I have discovered a fix to enable crossfire . Go into the folder where you extracted the zip folder . Open it . Inside will be a mis of files . Look around (I found it close to the bottom) and find the main icon for Shader Toy Mark . It should have a small blueish pic with GXL in it . Right-click and open properties . It should have the nam ShaderToyMark or something like that . retype in that box so it looks like this without the inverted commas " SeriousSam " as one word . Run the bench in 1024x768 and crossfire should work . A big thanks to the guys at Geeks3d for the fix . So lets get benching guys !!

Update 2: New Version :

Ok guys, new version has become available but it seems to have changed nothing . 'There were reports of malware from some anti-virus on v 0.2.0 so I think its just overall safer to go to v 0.1.0 again that gave no trouble.

We will stick to version 0.1.0 which you can download here

Update 3: SLI and Crossfire help

Ok , so some guys are having problems running sli and crossfire in this benchmark . Check this guide out to get it working .

The Update 1 Crossfire fix should also work for SLI

Edited by Nyt Ryda

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

there must be a setting im not using or using incorrectly.. im gettin 34fps with 1 card... is that right???

i have a dual setup, but as everyone knows, duals dont run in windowed.. gotta full screen... so maybe change ur parameters to full screen??

Lol, the music sounds reminds me of playing "Contra" on the old NES. I'm also not too sure about the bottom right video of that worm-looking thingy that looks like it's travelling up someone's rectum.

Score: 192 points (32 FPS) Dual GTX 460 1GB SLI Overclocked to 895/1070/1790

post-70939-12872826925936_thumb.png

Doesn't run in fullscreen bye...

My card hates this (can't say I didn't see that coming since my card's the anti-bench :rolleyes: )

Do you want to up the standard to 1024x768 so we can all run fullscreen. I still got like 10FPS on that but I think I got less at the 960x540 res windowed

Ok lets set it to 1024x768 and run it fullscreen . I changed it in the first post . Just ignore my screenshot in the first post since we are changing the settings .

Ok heres my new score : 180 points and 30FPS at 1024x768 Fullscreen on the HD5970 oc'ed from 725mhz core to 1000mhz and memory from 1000mhz to 1300mhz.