Mushkin 3dmark Contest Comments Thread

Bosco

Validation link added. You guys don't want me to do this again - 30K is right around the corner :)

Actually, I'd say go for it! It's always nice when psychological barriers are broken. And it would be nice to have a clear, even if temporary, #1.

Still doesn't mean you'll win any prizes, there's still going to be a draw, but you'll win our recognition.

I'll be devoting this weekend to seeing what I can do on this, but I need some opinions! I have a HD 5970 and two GTX 285's... right now I'm using the 285's in SLI, but they cant be overclocked more than a few more MHZ. To save me the time of testing, can anyone say definitively what the best combo would be? I'm getting ~27k with the 285's... would I be able to break that with the 5970? Thanks!

The 5970 in theory should fare quite a bit better then the 285's. 3DMark06 score is highly dependent on CPU clockspeed, so make that 975X sweat a bit. You should be able to break 30k. Good luck!

Edited by Sihastru

lol. Yeah, that was basically just cause I was impressed by what my laptop was able to score. New score is posted. And actually, there will be a better one at some point.

Oh come on! You made the run with the CPU @ STOCK :( The X in 980X stands for eXtreme + unlocked... I can see at least 34k in you future.

Edited by Sihastru

Oh come on! You made the run with the CPU @ STOCK :( The X in 980X stands for eXtreme + unlocked... I can see at least 34k in you future.

Actually, it was at 4.55. For some reason, that doesn't register in cpu-z. Thats whay I left the TurboEvo window open. I HAVE a run at 4.772 on the ORB, and I have a screen shot, but it doesn't qualify, because I didn't have cpu-z and gpu-z open at the time. And honestly, our setups don't seem to do very well in 3dMark06. We crush in Vantage, (+50k scores) though.

Edited by Lhiannon

Woo! Man i couldnt break 20k... But i sure had alot of fun pushing my hardware. I think now that i unlocked the upper limit core clock on my 5770 i could push it alittle higher with alittle more voltage, and im sure i can grab 4.3Ghz stable on my i7 now. My goal really isnt to win, its to hit 20k... at stock speeds all around i only got like 16.5k score. So atleast i can see my Overclocks are helping.

I dont care what everyone says about the contest being "unfair" I spent every night this week pushing my overclocks as high as i could and stay stable to make a run at this contest. If nothing else i didnt break anything and i had alot of fun! Good luck to everyone who enters!

Actually, it was at 4.55. For some reason, that doesn't register in cpu-z. Thats whay I left the TurboEvo window open. I HAVE a run at 4.772 on the ORB, and I have a screen shot, but it doesn't qualify, because I didn't have cpu-z and gpu-z open at the time. And honestly, our setups don't seem to do very well in 3dMark06. We crush in Vantage, (+50k scores) though.

Actually I looked at the ORB project info, it says that your 980X was at 3.33 GHz... Maybe something went wrong. If it was at 4.55 the score is a bit low... maybe I'm expecting too much... But at stock I got 19K, and with OC I got 27K, that's a big jump...

Ok, new score posted. :evilgrin:

Still can't figure out why it only shows me as benching at stock speeds. Set it to the multiplier and bclock that I wanted in the bios, checked it with cpu-z prior to the run, no problems. But then as soon as the run is over, I see that cpu-z is telling me I'm at like 1600. Any ideas?

Edited by Lhiannon

Actually, I'd say go for it! It's always nice when psychological barriers are broken. And it would be nice to have a clear, even if temporary, #1

It's done. Broke the 30k barrier..........................