Choices for comp upgrade

Shingy

I currently have a AMD Phenom II x2 550 Black Edition and a GTX 260 Core 216 and I'm deciding whether to upgrade to a single GTX 470, SLI my GTX 260 or upgrade my CPU to a AMD Phenom II x4 965. A downside to the SLI option or the CPU upgrade option is that I'm stuck with DirectX 10. I mainly use my computer for gaming purposes.

What do you guys think?

If you get lucky with that 550 you could easily unlock two of it's disabled cores and up the voltage a little to convert it into a Phenom II X4 955. Rather than SLi the 260 why not part exchange for a 460 and get a performance boost, oh! and DX11. They seem to cost around the same for the 260 and 460.

I just thought of something after watching this EVGA video. Should I sell my GTX260 once I upgrade to a 1GB GTX460 or keep it as a dedicated PhysX card?

if your power supply can handle it, then I would say yes

Ya but a 260 for physx is overkill, I'd sell it and get a 9800GT for that

True that. How about a GT240? This shop which I would like to buy my stuff from doesn't have the 9800GT only GT210, GT220, GT240, GTS250, and GTX460 and above. It is here if you want to have a look. I would prefer an EVGA by the way.

I'd pick up a 9600GT since there's almost no difference when running a dedicated PhysX card. Almost always your main GPU will be the bottleneck, but if buying a 9800GT makes you more comfortable, the price difference isn't too huge so I'd say go for it!

Either way though, sell the GTX 260.