which mouse?

Guest Haveaniceday

Guest Haveaniceday

I'm a medium player with cheap mouse.

Which mouse do you think is better?

this Logitech Performance

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007Z1M50?ie=UTF8&tag=shopguid0b-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0007Z1M50

or this Microsoft SideWinder

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DWK4NC?ie=UTF8&tag=shopguid0b-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001DWK4NC

The Logitech MX 518 was my first gaming mouse. I really liked it for its thumb buttons. I'm using the Logitech G5 v2 now, since my MX 518 broke. The G5 has the same design, but laser and 2000 DPI.

So my vote is the Logitech MX 518.

I've never used a Sidewinder X5 or any Sidewinders before. So I can't comment on those. However I really like Logitech's line of gaming mouses: MX 518, G5, and G500 (excluding those other Logitech gaming mouses)

Not on your list, but a new favorite of mine is the Razer DeathAdder. A little pricey but 3500 DPI and 1000Mhz Ultrapolling. Never thought I'd spend $60 bucks on a mouse, but it has been a good investment. It is really really comfortable in my hand and sensitivity adjustments/customizations options are almost limitless.

I'm not a huge fan of most things microsoft, so my second vote would have to go to the logitech :)

Razer Mamba all the way, their isnt a mouse that touches its performance. Even wirelessly this mouse is badass.

My link

are you serious man? this guy is NOT looking for a $100 mouse!! why even say that?

back on subject, my vote is for the Logitech. i have the g500 and i love its build quality, im sure the MX has that same quality

It's all personal preference. There are a lot of factors that come into play when choosing the right mouse. Such as:

1. The type of games you play.

2. Brands. Each company has there own unique features that are implemented in their mice. Razer for instance, have mice that are good for high sensitivities, and really customizable. For logitech, they are great for casual gamers or gamers who want a compnhy solution for long hours of gaming.

3. Design. There are tons of mice that have different shapes, use weight systems, and then the strong focal points like using either laser or optical. (note: while i really support optical mice, laser has progressed rather quickly in a short time BUT that's not to say that every laser mouse is great. You really have to look for a mouse that is known to track/perform well. So if you want laser, read up on reviews.

Here are a few you should check out

Razer Deathadder

Razer Abyssus

SteelSeries Xai Laser

Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

Microsoft WMO (Wheel mouse optical)

Logitech MX518

Logitech G5

I use the MX518 with my home (gaming) PC and absolutely love it. However, I've heard great things about the sidewinder, especially the unique thumb buttons.

Asking for advice on CPUs, GPUs, etc. is valid and extremely helpful, but nobody can pick a mouse for another person. Go to a local store and see if you can try a few out firsthand. You don't actually have to use them to game, but just feel them in your hand and that'll give you a better idea of what works for you (eg. I prefer Logitech over Razer because of the contoured fit)....then go online and buy it for cheaper :lol:

I'll have to add one more to the MX518. I've been using mine for almost 4 years and it's still going strong. The thumb buttons make a huge difference in gaming and the adjusting of the resolution on the fly is awesome, you rarely have to adjust the mouse sensitivity in any game.