Arizona On A Mission: No More "Anchor Babies"

Rokkaholik

It won't last long even if it does happen. It's unconstitutional just like many consider it unconstitutional to restrict one's right to bear arms.

It is indeed unconstitutional. To be more specific, it is a violation of the first section of the Fourteenth Amendment:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Thats the whole point. Illegal Immigrants should not be protected by the constitution. It just doesn't make any sense. It would be like you getting in trouble and then being held to the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice) even though your not a service member.

Regardless of what you think should be the case, as it currently stands, the Constitution does indeed protect illegal immigrants. However, this situation is not concerned with the illegal immigrants, but rather their children. As you can see above, the Fourteenth Amendment specifically states that any person born in this country is automatically a citizen of this country. Therefore, children of illegal immigrants are citizens and thus are awarded every protection under the Constitution.

Oh, and your analogy is flawed since non-service members do get tried under the UCMJ (though not for capital offenses).

Thats all fine and dandy if they move here to create a better life for themselves and give back to the system from which they are taking like I do. The problem lies with the freeloaders that take from the system and don't give anything back.....this includes both illegal and non illegal citizens. If you want to donate to the illegals then by all means, but you better not do it with my hard earned tax dollars!

If only that sentiment wasn't patently false.

At tax time, illegal immigrants are paying too

Illegal Immigrants are Paying a Lot More Taxes Than You Think

Many illegal immigrants pay up at tax time

Do illegal immigrants receive more government benefits than they pay in taxes?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is indeed unconstitutional. To be more specific, it is a violation of the first section of the Fourteenth Amendment:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Regardless of what you think should be the case, as it currently stands, the Constitution does indeed protect illegal immigrants. However, this situation is not concerned with the illegal immigrants, but rather their children. As you can see above, the Fourteenth Amendment specifically states that any person born in this country is automatically a citizen of this country. Therefore, children of illegal immigrants are citizens and thus are awarded every protection under the Constitution.

Oh, and your analogy is flawed since non-service members do get tried under the UCMJ (though not for capital offenses).

If only that sentiment wasn't patently false.

At tax time, illegal immigrants are paying too

Illegal Immigrants are Paying a Lot More Taxes Than You Think

Many illegal immigrants pay up at tax time

Do illegal immigrants receive more government benefits than they pay in taxes?

"nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law"

Hence the first post.

Your fooling yourself if you think illegals pay the same amount of taxes as the average working American. Most if not all of them are payed under the table, thereby skipping the bill for income tax.

"nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law"

Hence the first post.

Your fooling yourself if you think illegals pay the same amount of taxes as the average working American. Most if not all of them are payed under the table, thereby skipping the bill for income tax.

Explain to me what due process has to do with citizenship.

Krazy, you are reading it all wrong. It says a person shall not be deprived of life, liberty or property without due process of law. It doesn't say that one's citizenship can be denied/revoked without due process of law.

In addition, you go on and state Kash is wrong if he thinks illegals pay the same as citizens. Do you have any evidence to refute his claims or are you just making stuff up to suit your own opinions? Because from what I've seen, Kash actually provided sources. You provided nothing.

I'm not saying coming to this country illegal is right, but I will state that illegals do contribute to society more than you think. At least here in Chicago. I was raised in a predominately Mexican community, Little Village/Pilsen, in Chicago. It had the highest concentration of Mexicans, both illegal and legal, than any other place in Chicago and yet that community continues to be the second highest source of tax revenue for the city of Chicago. The only thing that beats it is the Magnificent Mile, which is located in downtown.

Little Village: 2nd Highest Source of Tax Revenue

Hmm...so some of them pay taxes, but the amount collected comes out to a whole, wait for it, $600 dollars each. And that is assuming that ALL of the $9 billion collected that can't be directly matched to a taxpayer can be attributed to illegals. A good portion of that can probably be put down to people filling out paperwork incorrectly. I don't know about you, but I pay a whole hell of a lot more that $600 to the Feds each year.

Not to mention that for an "undocumented worker" to pay taxes, they'd have to use someone else's social security number (read: identity theft) in order to pay into programs such as FICA. And I think that's a crime. Wait, no, it definitely is. But hey, we've got 600 dollars off 'em, so we'll let that one go.

As to the topic, it's a stupid idea. They just need to come down with a heavy hand on those who employ illegals, much like Oklahoma did. Make it painful to employ illegals, and jobs dry up. Problem solved.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm just providing proof that the statement "illegals don't pay taxes" is patently false. I don't contend that they pay an amount equal to or greater than the services they consume, simply that they aren't just leeches on the system.

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof..."

This is the part AZ is fighting. They are treating them like we treat ambassadors. When ambassadors have children in the US, they are not considered US citizens because the parents are not "subject to the jurisdiction thereof". Neither are illegal immigrants.

I hope Arizona goes all the way with this and with enforcement. The Media Shows all the Mexican Americans Hyped up with the situation but ive spoken with several of my Mexican American friends about it and not one was negative about it. They for the most part said that it was no harm in being asked for American ID.

So what i would like to know is how the Economics of all this is going down for Arizona. On the one hand, some Mexican American Exodus from Arizona and im sure alot of Illegal Exodus is supposed to HURT economics but hey the Infrastructure is probably getting a breather not having to service all those illegals for free and educate their children for free.

This attempt at curbing illegal entry and occupation may not be perfect but it could be used as a Model for Newer and Better Ideas on how to get them out. I only wish California could and would do something like that.

Explain to me what due process has to do with citizenship.

The laws that Arizona is trying to pass are the due process.....

Krazy, you are reading it all wrong. It says a person shall not be deprived of life, liberty or property without due process of law. It doesn't say that one's citizenship can be denied/revoked without due process of law.

See above

In addition, you go on and state Kash is wrong if he thinks illegals pay the same as citizens. Do you have any evidence to refute his claims or are you just making stuff up to suit your own opinions? Because from what I've seen, Kash actually provided sources. You provided nothing.

Its simply an illogical statement if you have even the most basic concept of how income tax works. Each individual that pays income tax does so by their SSN. Illegals don't have SSN's so how are they supposed to pay taxes? Ergo legal citizens pay more taxes than illegals. I don't know how you can paint it any other way.

I really don't care that much unless I sit down and think about how much of MY money the government spends on stupid ^%#$ that I they have no business spending money on. And the fact that the government is only expanding, never using any sort of moderation or any consideration that they may have to increase taxes or cut money from critical areas to fund pet projects, they simply don't care about us anymore as they are completely out of touch.....but I guess that's what makes me a conservative and you guys whatever you are and we will always be at odds. :)