2010 FIFA World Cup winner?

Nyt

@Propane : Maybe I'l do that :biggrin: .Over here at the malls before South Africa plays , the noise is deafening . I nearly went deaf at the opening match . I feel sorry for people going to the rest of SA's games since it took me over 2 hours to even get out the stadium with the traffic

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Obviously, I'm rooting for Germany! Was a great game last night, watched it in Rotterdam (Holland) with ~30 other Germans :cheers: According to the cheers outside my window (I currently study in Rotterdam), the Dutch are winning and a quick look around the web confirms a 2:0 lead / win.

The Brits are rubbish at the minute, Argentina played crap as well. The Dutchies didn't put on their best performance today either, if they continue like that I suspect they'll continue their habit of getting into the quarter finals then getting beaten by some rubbish team, like they lost against Russia in the Euro Cup in 2008. I am looking forward to see Spain, Brazil and also Portugal play, however I have no much expectation of Portugal. And don't get me started on France, I'm already ROFL'ing :snap:

Most important, being a German and all, I absolutely hate the Italian team... they can be kicked out in the group phase, kthxbai!

According to my own highly Technomological analysis (trust me, I'm a physicist!!) the USA will win the World Cup over Italy, 3-2, after winning the group and then beating Ghana (Group D runner up), Mexico (Group A winner), and Brazil (Group G winners, retribution for Confederations Cup). I can say without any doubt or bias AT ALL that the USA is the best team ever ever, and I'm not saying that because I'm from the USA. USA can never lose ever. Ever. Best. Team. Ever.

Seriously though, Spain wont win... they're like the Eagles in the NFL, they always have a great team and then choke when it counts against teams they should beat... they're the best team to never win a World Cup. I will stick with my USA v Italy final match though, as long as the USA wins group C, which is a very strong possibility, England's defensive speed is a bit lackluster, and they seem to be completely obsessed with getting the ball to Rooney and only Rooney, who is IMO slightly overrated. If the USA cant win its group then it will lose to Germany in the second round, and the final will be Brazil v Germany, with Germany taking the Cup.

Go USA!!

I go for USA of course, but I don't think they'll make it far.

Other than that I go for Argentina, which I feel they have a chance of winning and Brazil. Germany's display today was outstanding! I have yet to seen Portugal and Spain which are other 2 big ones.

I would have picked the Argies but Maradonna made some epically boneheaded picks for the squad. How you leave out Javier Zanetti is just beyond me.....if its one thing a team like this needs its a leader, and you can find none better to lead a team than Zanetti. Just look at Real Madrid, overflowing with talent, but lets all be honest they suck don't they. There is no unity and not 1 person to lead the team.

Argentina has discipline problems so thats going to be their downfall . USA cant even beat England and in the confed cup they lost to Brazil , USA has not ever won a world cup and I doubt they will this year. Germany is looking good , in a warm up match USA played Australia and the score was 3-1

I would have picked the Argies but Maradonna made some epically boneheaded picks for the squad. How you leave out Javier Zanetti is just beyond me.....if its one thing a team like this needs its a leader, and you can find none better to lead a team than Zanetti. Just look at Real Madrid, overflowing with talent, but lets all be honest they suck don't they. There is no unity and not 1 person to lead the team.

True as it seems Maradonna is putting everything on Messi. He even said that Messi is better right now than he was in 1986. DOH! Still, go Argentina!

That USA - Slovenia game was grade A horse plop. Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that ref!! Real score: 3-2 USA wins

Do you understand the concept of "offside"?