In A Bind Need Some Advise

Agallion

Well ok my parents just got really pissed at me for almost no real good reason (they said my grades but they are better then last term if you look at th gpa points <_<) so they took my tower away and are currently in Las Vegas leaving me here alone. So im stuck here using this POS 598mhz Dell with a really..god awful horrible packard bell mouse(im talking like it kinda moves if i move its 2 feet) so im talking to a buddy and he says he can sell me a 1400+, onboard sound and video, 256 RAM, case, psu, 60 gig hdd all for $175

now i have a spare 2400+ around here and im not quite sure if itll fit in that mobo..also i only have 360 bucks and that needs to last me the rest of this semister until summer so i can find a job (btw in 17 and in HS still)

so ya i dont know what to do :unsure:

ok i don't tbhink i would spend the money to gbuy a whole new computer that they would probably take as soon as they get back from vegas. and u wouldn't be able to do much more thant what ur doing on that comp video game wise because of onboard video. ok and here is my litte vent. i think its kind stupid how everyone is using still being in high school and being 15-17 as an excuse not to have a job. i had a job when i was a freshman yes i could only work weekends at 13 or 14 but as soon as u turn 16 u can work anytime until midnight here. i just think its stupid how people are using that as an excuse. my little vetn for the day.

bah i HAD a job but had to quit because of track..it takes to much of my time..(im talkign till liek 6 every night, maybe midnight thursday nights everynight and my old job didnt allow for that)

bah its a t-bird core so i dont think ill get it..(could have used it for a folding comp)

I'm with you Sly C, I'm going to be getting a job hopefully by the end of February because right now I really don't have time. I have 3 and possibly a 4th projects due just next week alone... all my teachers have crammed their work for the end of the semester. As soon as the semester ends though I will be out and about searching for a job.

yeah like is adi i think ur better off not doing and u didn't have to quit due to track that was a choose u made and 6 oclock isn't late. excuses excuses excues.

I was working after school and summers starting at age 13

I also worked at 13. however I had to cut back to just the off season durring the spring and fall sports rush (I was working my way towards a nice athletic scholarship for either football or baseball... though I was also doing cross country in the fall and track in the spring... dumb things like trashed knees and tons of pain killers ended that dream). Heck practice from 6-8am, school from 8-3, and back to practice sometimes as late as 9pm is a rough day. I don't know anyone that can do a job when they're working thier asses off that much in one day.