Furmark Gpu Benchmark Scores [obsolete]

Andrewr05

lol thatll be because on our cpus overclocking them means increasing the bus speed... n the bus is how everything talks to each other.. so faster bus = faster everything else... i already found what u found ages ago hahahah EVERYTHING runs faster... even the stock clock gpu runs faster with a faster bus :P

Well about a month ago I was over clocking my r3e MB and fried it. I guess doing 4.6Ghz with 1.63 volts to the CPU the board just didn't like. Got a new r3e board in today, waiting on dangerdens new water block for it, should be here Thursday. Along with the water block I also picked up two 480 rads from DD, one for the two 480's and the other for the CPU and MB. Once all that is in I'll be going after Alinc and his duel 480's high score. I'll also post some picks for you guys to see the new rig.

Yea but think about that Nyt, you dropped from 4GHz to 2.8GHz, which is a huge jump down and you only lose 300 points on the benchmark! CPU speeds on Furmark just don't make a big difference! Also usually if you drop to stock on the cpu, you can probably squeeze out more OC on the GPU, which will can prob make up for the decrease and them some! At least this is what I have experienced with Furmark!

Edited by SpeedwayNative

Just tested out at stock cpu speed at 2.8ghz and ram at 1333mhz . It dropped 300 points.

sounds about right with my score of 18.4k lol

now i can rest knowing why it is i couldnt reach you

Edited by Shadowtroop

Just got a 5870 for tri-fire , got 17000 in Furmark at stock gpu and cpu . The usage was only 70 % - 80 % and decreased when I upped speeds , seems like a cpu bottleneck . But I'll post a link when I set the highest clocks.

New Score on ASUS EAH5970 and MSI HD5870 Lightning all at 900mhz and 1250mhz :

newfurmark.th.jpg

Will become higher as I finalise the clocks.

Edit :

Speedway , what was a good ocing voltage for your 5870's ?

Edited by Nyt Ryda

New Score on ASUS EAH5970 and MSI HD5870 Lightning all at 900mhz and 1250mhz :

newfurmark.th.jpg

Will become higher as I finalise the clocks.

Edit :

Speedway , what was a good ocing voltage for your 5870's ?

dosent looks like much of a gain tbh

ok so i lied

Updated

Andrew you have this score mixed up ;) His 5850 should be in the position he is in just under my single GTX 460 score, but it is doubled with his 12k GTX 480 score, and not his 10k 5850 score!