I finally got my new GPU'S! 2 EVGA 480GTX's

he should only need a 700 w psu for the load .. Ie an overclock of 4.4ghz on a 980x dual sli 480s draws a total of 697w... regardless the revolutions 85+ series i believe begin 950w soo no matter what hes safe... the evga classified has 3 16x 1 8 x lane ports on the limited edition which really isnt all that limited... and on the standard edition has 4 pcie 2 16x 2 8x... however the way the classified is setup along with a few other high end boards i believe there switchable and the power is given to the slot that is filled... and the slots are spilt up to 8x slots when more then 2 slots are filled... also the classified you can shut off pcie lanes to adjust things.. finally given the bandwidth of the 480gtx .. its just under the 8 limit so no matter what he will be fine and not bottleneck

i see alot of people just blurting out thigns with out doing research not just in this thread but in quite a few... do some research before you speak... thats just a general statement to anyone no fingers pointed...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dual 480's and all you want to get is 3 x Samsung P2250 21.5 Inch Widescreen LCD Monitors? I see 30"s in your near future! :D

dual 480s will NEVER run 3 30" monitors there simpletly isnt enough vram there....2 480s have just enough enough to run dx11 on playible fps as well... but hell try it if you want

dual 480's and all you want to get is 3 x Samsung P2250 21.5 Inch Widescreen LCD Monitors? I see 30"s in your near future! :D

Yeah I'm with Toasty on this one....if you are running a $5k setup then at LEAST go with 24"-28" monitors.....this range would have the exact performance of a 21" monitor as they are all available at 1920x1200.

dual 480s will NEVER run 3 30" monitors there simpletly isnt enough vram there....2 480s have just enough enough to run dx11 on playible fps as well... but hell try it if you want

I do believe that you don't know what you are talking about. 3GB is enough for any game, hell most games don't even use more than 1GB even with a 2560X1600 res, unless you crank the AA up to 16x, but even then your limited more by the processing capability of the card

Edited by CowKing