I finally got my new GPU'S! 2 EVGA 480GTX's

Your 480's are weak in comparison to my GT 130. Come back when you have something impressive :P

Kidding, of course. You're very lucky - my parents would never even consider buying me one, let alone two. I'll be honest, I'm very jealous seeing as you're only 2 years older than me (I'm 95')

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your 480's are weak in comparison to my GT 130. Come back when you have something impressive :P

Kidding, of course. You're very lucky - my parents would never even consider buying me one, let alone two. I'll be honest, I'm very jealous seeing as you're only 2 years older than me (I'm 95')

Your 95 years old?

Congratz on your purchase. ^_^

Although I'd question why you went with NVIDIA, when ATI has Eyefinity. ;)

You're very lucky - my parents would never even consider buying me one, let alone two. I'll be honest, I'm very jealous seeing as you're only 2 years older than me (I'm 95')

It would be a matter of money too, wouldn't it? :P

Your 95 years old?

He means he was born in 1995, unless someone who is 95 has parents who are still alive. :P (Which for the record, is possible but highly unlikely)

He means he was born in 1995, unless someone who is 95 has parents who are still alive. :P (Which for the record, is possible but highly unlikely)

I guessed what he meant :P I was being sarcastic.... It really is to hard to convey sarcasm over the internet *sigh*

Yup I was on of the luckiest people in Australia lol considering I got 2 of them.

Haha that's pretty awesome. Nice to see an OCC'er get first dibs on some very limited cards.

Max efficiency for power supplies is not at 100% of the wattage rating is it? In fact, for his specific power supply (Enermax 1250W) his highest efficiency is closer to 50% load. Not to mention that would stress the hell out of a 700W PSU if you fold@home 24/7.

I think efficiency generally peaks from 50% to around 75% load, and you're right, running a PSU right up at it's maximum rating is not really a good idea (for lifespan), even if it's a top-tier PSU. So, a >1kW PSU is a wise choice.

I think efficiency generally peaks from 50% to around 75% load, and you're right, running a PSU right up at it's maximum rating is not really a good idea (for lifespan), even if it's a top-tier PSU. So, a >1kW PSU is a wise choice.

well i finally got my gtx 480 today from the egg....the first of 2 anyway. i pulled out the old 4850x2 and evga 8800gt and put in the new evga superclocked 480 and played a few sections of ME2 just to check it out....no overclocking yet, everything is reset to stock until i get used to it and then i'll try and take it up a bit...it'll be a couple paychecks before i get #2 and stronger psu.... B:)

yes i'm a happy camper...here's a couple pics...

ummm... why did you physically take a shot of your screen when there is the print screen button? :blink:

that could be a shot of ME2 running with a ati 4650 and we wouldn't be able to tell the difference :P

ummm... why did you physically take a shot of your screen when there is the print screen button? :blink:

that could be a shot of ME2 running with a ati 4650 and we wouldn't be able to tell the difference :P

why just to bug you sdy...duh...ever since i woke up this mornin i've been plotting ways to upset you and see my plan succeeded....muwaaaahhhaaaa...

awesome!! bet you're liking the real estate gained back from the yacht known as 4850x2 :P

yea i'm a bobo ivy....i tried to put the x2 back into 480 foam pack...that was a no go....lol