GTX 480 review and available for Pre-Order.

Rylen

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the GTX480 doesn't really look like too much of a winner. But dude its $500 compared to the $700 of the HD5970, how is that dissapointing?(Power and heat, yes its pretty bad there).

I find the GTX470 is the real winner here.

BTW, @ Sdy, I have 1337 in my name because usually just Krieg is taken so I just add that. If you want it to be gone you can Change my name to White$hadow, but I just changed it like a month or 2 ago which is why I haven't asked for it to be changed. But if you have a problem with it go ahead and change it to what I said above, I don't mind if its changed or not.

Edited by Krieg1337

Me personally I think the 480 is well worth it considering its a single gpu card and the 5970 is a dual gpu card. Anyways I just spent $1716.66AU on buying two EVGA GeForce GTX480 1536MB. Say what you like about it but I think its worth the money I just spent. To bad though it won't be shipped until the 14th of next month. :(

esp. with the apparently huge math-heavy tessellation advantage.

Fixed. :D

Definitely a nice card...it's too bad it took this long to come out. Also - DAMN does it suck some power! It trades blows with the 5870 (much cheaper and more efficient) most of the time and occasionally trades blows with the 5970 (clearly the mark they were shooting for).

Edited by Waco

The GTX 470 seems like the safest bet imo. It costs less, uses slightly less power, and when you overclock the thing, you get performance almost equal to the 150 dollar more GTX 480. I'd love the GTX 470 personally, but well, I'd rather get a whole new computer first. :lol: