GTX 480 review and available for Pre-Order.

Rylen

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not very impressive considering it took half a year longer.

are you serious? it has maybe20fps lower than the DUAL GPU 5970, 480 is a SINGLE GPU

and to think dirt2 (a ATI dx11 showboat game) was BEATEN by Nvidia... pfftt go get your budget supplies

BTW a 5970 is 699$+, if this card is $499 thats INSANE

INSANE!

Oh not impressive at all, it costs $500 and beats the HD5970 sometimes. Not impressive at all <_<

Admittedly, it has fantastic DX11 Scalability. But that coupled with Far Cry 2 (Awful benchmark, imo. It's coded to work better with nVidia cards. I feel the same way with Hawx. Just take those two out of the general testing.) makes this kind of a letdown, imo.

It does make me disappointed in ATI, however. Maybe they'll release drivers that suit DX11 games better. But it looks like they might be behind for some time again(ATI).

On the bright side, ATI definitely has to lower their prices to stay relevant.

Edited by hosnappp

It's not bad I'm still gunna keep supporting ati though. This card took to long to be released and the power consumption is supposed to be alot higher than any of ati cards and I have to take that into considoration

It's significantly cheaper than a 5970, while beating it occasionally and only falling a little bit short in other cases. I'd say that's pretty damn good, esp. with the apparently huge DX11 advantage.

Regardless, these high-end cards are not where these companies make their money, so let's see when a more budget-conscious fermi card is out. It's all about bang-for-buck, not having the very best numbers. If you remember back to the 6 series days, every single "what gpu should i get?" thread was almost unanimously answered with "6800GT" despite it not being the top card. What it had was great numbers (at the time) for an unbelievable price. That's what we need right now!

It's significantly cheaper than a 5970, while beating it occasionally and only falling a little bit short in other cases. I'd say that's pretty damn good, esp. with the apparently huge DX11 advantage.

Regardless, these high-end cards are not where these companies make their money, so let's see when a more budget-conscious fermi card is out. It's all about bang-for-buck, not having the very best numbers. If you remember back to the 6 series days, every single "what gpu should i get?" thread was almost unanimously answered with "6800GT" despite it not being the top card. What it had was great numbers (at the time) for an unbelievable price. That's what we need right now!

http://www.techpowerup.com/118505/NVIDIA_P..._GPU_GF104.html

i think that nvidia is the best when looking at the high end stuff but when it comes to mainstream ATI rules a bit..:D

The Hexus link has been removed which isn't surprising since this is still covered under a NDA, I think someone jumped the gun a bit here.