GTX 480 review and available for Pre-Order.

Rylen

Racing you make money if you win. In this you don't get anything. You don't understand my point, hes not gaining anything out of this except being able to say "I got more points than these people". But its his money, so I don't really care. I just hate it when you come in here and say, oh I am glad I didn't get/wait for FERMI because its not good in 3DMark.

I have fun when I play video games since things always change. But yeah, I just rethought this and I'm being kinda stupid. You probably have as much fun in doing the benchmarks as I do gaming.

Alright, lets just forget about this. You like benchmarks and have fun with them and get satisfaction out of it, while I like games and get satisfaction out of those.

Anyways, looks like the GTX470 is a really good card there. They said it will cost around $300-$350 and it beats the HD5850 most of the time and this is with Beta drivers. So we can probably expect some better performance soon, I am sold on this card :)

Not that I want to keep this going but you have no clue how many people are paid to benchmark. For some guys its for fun others do it for a living. Alot of people take that stuff very seriously. I respect RR very much for what he has done with no where near the budget that some guys are given.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not just OCC there is a lot of good sites out there that do good reviews.

Hardocp tests differently then a lot of sites but I love reading Brent or Kyles stuff.

Sadly crappy sites outweigh the good ones nowadays. Even some of the great sites have lost their edge here and there for different reviews.

just finished reading the review this card seems really good, when it comes to ratio between fps and price alot of people will go for the 5870. but i cant wait to see when nvidia comes out with new drivers how much better the card will be.

i wont be buying a either cards yet until all the dust settles

and for those people who are worried about heat and power consumption. you can always get better case and a bigger psu :thumbs-up: :smack::lol:

Edited by insan3

think i'm going to have to start saving. :D

interesting that nvidia went for 480 cores. i guess they would have delayed longer to get more chips with 16 working clusters had 15 not been enough to beat the 5870. of course this also means they are probably building up a stockpile of high binned chips for a 485/ultra, which might end up drawing pretty close to the 5970 if there's some improvement in the drivers.

[H] did some sounds test in their review: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/03/26/...80_sli_review/7

All I can say is talk about loud :O

its hard to judge without being there as your speakers may be set lower / higher than the actual db. but just listening to the fan go on the fermi cards thats a scary amount of noise. the crossfire 5870s were noticeably quieter than a single gtx 480.

i said earlier that the gtx 480 would be around 700-800 here in australia. i wasn't far off this site has them pre-ordering at $829 aud or approx $750USD. the GTX 470s arent any better at $549AUD. 5870 is cheaper than the 470 so at those prices ATI for the win

its hard to judge without being there as your speakers may be set lower / higher than the actual db. but just listening to the fan go on the fermi cards thats a scary amount of noise. the crossfire 5870s were noticeably quieter than a single gtx 480.

Well its easy to judge the difference between idle and load.

Edited by werty316