The Unofficial Battlefield Bad Company 2 Thread

WhenKittensATK

No idea. I'm confused about installing video drivers on Windows 7 lol. If I uninstall it. Next reboot Windows will auto-install one lol.

So I just let it overwrite it. Then reboot.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Oh you mean it's too hard on the poor snipers to usually sit in one spot the entire map :P. Shame on BC2 for balancing snipers. I do perfectly fine with the dust. They still give you bright glowing arrows lol. You don't even need to see your target to kill them, why even complain?

Yahtzee just likes to complain about anything and everything he can. It's a job. Even in really good games he will always find something to complain about. He's just someone who is mainly a singleplayer gamer and hates multiplayer games. He said it himself too. Basing a review off of him isn't exactly a good idea. It's more for humor to me. He failed at the mortar scene, now that's pretty funny. That's the one of the easiest parts in the game. You don't even need to shoot. So why does he fail, because he fails to listen to NPCs telling him what to do :P Maybe he should learn how to play the game, before he gives a review :P

I was actually referring to the single player portion of the game, if you camp you get owned in MP

were new maps released today?

if i remember correctly release was march 30th. im just curious because i havent heard anything about them yet

Not new maps, per se, just new game modes for a couple of the maps. Hardly a "map pack" if you ask me.

Not new maps, per se, just new game modes for a couple of the maps. Hardly a "map pack" if you ask me.

yea i just checked out their website.. thats really dumb. i mean i know its free (just like it should be) but still why would they call it a map pack when really its just different game modes for maps we already have?

hopefully they will release some REAL new maps soon

I was actually referring to the single player portion of the game, if you camp you get owned in MP

If you camp in SP you get owned as well. The enemy will blow up your cover depending on where you're at.

a little nsfw language

but hilarious

Haha I saw that. I got two to add:

If your teammates try to kamikaze with C4 on a vehicle and you shoot his C4 before he can get in it or into the air. You're an ahole.

If your teammates put down AT mines and you shoot them as he drops them then you're an ahole.

I done one of the two. One guy was trying to kamikaze with C4 on the nose of a blackhawk. So I let him take off and then shot the C4. It blew up and sent the blackhawk out of control and he crashed and committed suicide lol.

Edited by Krazyxazn

s trying to kamikaze with C4 on the nose of a blackhawk. So I let him take off and then shot the C4. It blew up and sent the blackhawk out of control and he crashed and committed suicide lol.

will that be in your next video? lol

Battlefield games aren't a fast pace game. So you aren't going to get the same speed as those fast pace shooters. I'm guessing you never played a BF game before. Otherwise you would know these things.

Wrong - Actually just in BF2 and Special Forces I've played 259 hours and 110 hours respectively. And every BF series game I've played before has had a faster game pace than this one. I don't know whether it's the game, the tactics or number of players restriction but Squad Deathmatch on BFBC2 is slower than Team Deathmatch on any series before.

I already said I could do without prone. And I doubt that anyone at EA is smart enough to have purposely "removed" a simple movement command like toggle crouch in order to prevent camping, spawn raping or any other so called perceived advantage that you could have by using a toggle crouch. I mean jeez - BF2 is one of the most hacked, cheated, aim-bot, bunny hopping friggin' game there is. And they weren't smart enough to stop it there.

Edited by wevsspot

The pacing in BF2, BF2:SF and BF2142 is the same pace as BC2. Matches in all those games last roughly 30-45 minutes. The pace hasn't changed. You are still running the same amount of distance to get to a base. Still have X amount of transportation vehicles. Still have base spawning and even better squad spawning. If you play Rush mode its much faster if you have a good Assault team.

As far as I remember there was never toggle crouch in any BF game. So it was never purposely removed. It was never there to begin with. If you really can't hold your pinky down for a few seconds at a time. Then use the auto script, unless you're going to complain about that too :rolleyes: . There are other FPS games that don't even use toggle crouch and I don't see people complaining about them.

Edited by Krazyxazn

There are other FPS games that don't even use toggle crouch and I don't see people complaining about them.

I'd actually prefer no crouching at all versus it not being a toggle. Not being there in the first place already changes the mindset of how people play the game.

If you're going to do something, go all the way or do something else completely. If you're worried that people will camp with Crouch, don't allow crouching. If you're worried people will Bunny Hop, don't allow jumping - you can still get away with allowing people to climb up objects (ladders, stairs, boxes, etc.) and keep them grounded during free range movement.

And honestly, if someone wants to camp, they'll camp. I'll see someone stand in some dark corner the entire match ...which makes no sense to me. Why play the game if you're just gonna sit in a corner? oh well, to each their own i guess :)