The Unofficial Battlefield Bad Company 2 Thread

WhenKittensATK

Woot Punkbuster is officially working. I'm seeing people getting banned for Aimbots. At least 6 bans so far :P

I'm very happy right now. PB bans for BC2 were 73 just a few days ago and now its 555 bans as of right now.

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-latest50-bfbc2-lfb36.html

This time the majority is in the USA, instead of Russia.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Exactly why I take pleasure in hunting down snipers ...they aren't as safe as they think they are.

Notice how they are the only ones who whine about Kill Cams too ...they don't want to give up their camp.

Exactly why I take pleasure in hunting down snipers ...they aren't as safe as they think they are.

Notice how they are the only ones who whine about Kill Cams too ...they don't want to give up their camp.

it always amuses me when sniper's get accused of camping. Thats what snipers do. they sit, and they wait until a shot presents itself. A sniper wouldn't really be effective if he ran around trying to shoot people close range or on the run. And yes, kill cams do ruin the game for snipers. Why should i try and get into a good spot & kill you, and then have the game show you exactly where I am? If you're not good enough to see a muzzle flash or figure out where I am on your own, then you deserve to get shot.

Kill cam makes sniping better. You know they are coming for you. So you can either move to another spot or plan a trap :D

Recon guide posted by |Fever| Sc0rphion (He's got like a 1000 kills with the M95 :P )

Recon class:

* Do always 1 shot 1 kill = only head shot or 20 mtrs close. Or you can try to fire your gun if the enemy has some of your ppl around and you did previously the Spotting.

* Playing recon class is just about been patient, you can do 20/3 30/10 12/4 and the best player of your team (specially in Conquest mode where the tickets matter a lot) gets 25/x 40/x 16/x. Wait to the perfect kill, Don't kill an enemy with a medic behind, Kill the medic and be sure you can kill the other when he try to get the Medic kit.

* Always sneak to the opposite station, provide respawn to your Squad members to Conquer the station.

* Chase UAV lovers {many ppl will hate you for that}.

* Do spotting work for your team. and BE PATIENT... If you can't get a HEAD SHOT Don't make the shot, you will always have another opportunity and you won't TELL ANYBODY WHERE YOU ARE.

* Always get in position to kill ppl in strategic points like AT guns, AA guns, Machine guns. If your team go to rush with a TANK always put yourself in a point where you can see the AT guns, this is the most destructive weapon for tanks besides AT mines {Something that you can always spot and shoot to blow up}

* Machine guns has 3 spots where you can shoot. NEVER TRY TO GET A SHOT in the view spot. You can get the kill in 2 shots

Feet, and both sides.

* When you get a kill you have 2 options: just Go to another point very far away from where you was. (You will make a good thing to your team, because the player will seek only for you, and will not seek your friends)

Ambush the guy that you killed, He will seek revenge 99% of the time. Play smart, play with the Anger of the ppl.

And the most important, and i know To much ppl will say "fak you for this, this class sucks so hard that (put your sexual comment here)" REALIZE THAT THIS CLASS IS NOT ABOUT SCORES.... Is a class for intelligent ppl, Is a class for watch the steps of your squad and team, is a class for hunt CAMPERS, This class is for put some Psychological terror in the opposite team

And you know If a person is "QQ ANGER TIME" Will not play correctly 100% .

Enjoy one of the best class of this Game, and in the RL. You know people, this in RL and in the GAME is Not for all persons.

If you like stick it. and Sorry for my english.

Well i personally don't have bfbc2 (yet) but in mw2 i enjoy the huge change of pace from playing tdm to hardcore tdm (as this is the only way to get no kill cams). it's not just a bunch of idiots running around with their heads cut off. I don't know if that exists in bfbc2, but im assume it does. When you actually have to sneak around and be wary of your surroundings, it makes for a more intense experience IMO. I personally find it much more challenging when i get shot and have no idea where it came from, then I get to "hunt the hunter" and get much more satisfaction when i put a bullet between his eyes ;)

I really need to beat mass effect 2 so i can buy this game already :bah: of course when that happens my friends will probably buy it for 360... so then i'll have it on 2 platforms :bah:

Well BC2 has the muzzle flash and the vapor trail. I'm not sure if you get the vapor trail in all your sniper shots (as in every shot), but I think some of them you do.

Still even with killcam, you still gotta figure out where the heck they are especially if its a conquest mode. Rush mode its a little easier. As the whole map isn't open.

Also servers that run No Killcam, but not hardcore mode too. I don't like hardcore mode. I always get lost without the minimap lol. If there was a server that's hardcore with a minimap then maybe I'll play that :D.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Well BC2 has the muzzle flash and the vapor trail. I'm not sure if you get the vapor trail in all your sniper shots, but I think some of them you do.

Still even with killcam, you still gotta figure out where the heck they are especially if its a conquest mode. Rush mode its a little easier. As the whole map isn't open.

Also servers that run No Killcam, but not hardcore mode too. I don't like hardcore mode. I always get lost without the minimap lol.

still, muzzle flash and vapor trail are realistic and isn't a dummies guide for showing you where the sniper is. I have to say I'm excited to play the game with it's bigger maps. And i like playing hardcore mode because then when i shoot somebody with a 50 caliber sniper rifle in the chest, they actually die, instead of continuing to run on their merry little way :angry2:

DICE is rolling out a new server build to game service providers. Changelist below.

The server providers have been given the R8 servers and will be rolling them out from now.

Workaround for the “player manages to join server twice” crash. Now the server detects this and refuses the player entry. Client might hang but it will not take down the server as well.

Workaround for the “cannot join player to any team” crash. Teams might get uneven, most notably SQDM sessions with 5v3 players, but the server should no longer crash.

Game sends PB output to pbucon (so pb webtool can be used to run PB commands and see their results)

Zero Punctuation: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Master Server Status added to main page for PS3, 360, and PC

Hehe 500 headshots lifetime :D

th_BFBC2Game2010-03-2417-00-05-14.jpg

When you got a good pilot :D

th_BFBC2Game2010-03-2415-02-56-08.jpg

Edited by Krazyxazn

No I agree with Krazy - I get FAR more kills preying on the revenge factor. You won't see me camping 1 spot, that's just stupid anyways. Even if I don't catch you, someone else will - you can count on that. Sometimes though, I'll camp an area ...and depending on the map, it could be as big as 1/3 of the map or as small as one little building/house. You know the guy is coming for you, so take up a different spot and take him out again. He comes back and you take him out again from a different spot.

Since you bring up MW2, there have been times, I took up an area (say the perimeter of the house ...or the area around the boat house) and had the whole team after me. Next thing you know it I'm at 25-2 and not only have I racked up a good score but I completely threw the enemy off their game and they have no chance of winning. Now granted I have had over 30 kills before and my team still lost, but that usually happens when you have more than one idiot getting taken out more than 20 times. Going back to the original point though, take advantage of the Kill Cam. You gain more kills moving around the map anyway because the action points are always in flux. If you're worried about the Kill Cam you are either staying in 1 spot waaay too long or cheating. There is way too much to be gained by the Kill Cam than lost.

Honestly, games aren't won by snipers unless they are REALLY good at defending an AREA.

man ive sucked so bad at this game the last few days. idk wtf is going on. seems and i cant take two steps before someone snipes me . its really starting to annoy me

After a while you get use to it and learn were each maps sniping spots are.

There are a few things that you can do to prevent yourself from getting sniped

Unless your in a well covered area always keep yourself low and out of site.

Never stand still for too long

Never shoot at something while in a open area unless absolutely necessary.

If you have to be in the open were there is no cover and have to get somewhere never walk in a straight line walk in erratic patterns which makes it hard for a sniper to hit you.

If you have to wait for something like a vehicle to respond in the open never stand still either hide some ware like a building that has good cover or if that isn't available move around that area in an erratic walking pattern.

Never stay in an evaluated position with poor cover like a guard tower or top of a roof as this is usually seen as an easy target for snipers

still, muzzle flash and vapor trail are realistic and isn't a dummies guide for showing you where the sniper is. I have to say I'm excited to play the game with it's bigger maps. And i like playing hardcore mode because then when i shoot somebody with a 50 caliber sniper rifle in the chest, they actually die, instead of continuing to run on their merry little way :angry2:

I typically don't like using the bolt action snipers much at all always find it too hard to hit something because of there reloading time.

I've always liked using the SVU because it has a silencer on it so your muzzle flash can't give you away and it's also quite so if someones trying to find you or is in your area it makes it difficult for them. I've found if you do get into some kind of direct confrontation the SVU has a much faster fire rating then bolt action sniper which often means you can give someone who thinks there going to get an easy kill a run for there money.

Also the quick reloading time makes it easier to take targets out at long range because if you miss you can keep shooting with little interruption when compared to the bolt action ones that by the time you've reload your target most of the time has moved and run away or taken cover and you've missed your chance.

The downside is the SVU doesn't do as much damage however I have learned it's much easier to kill someone because typically it takes 3 shots any ware but the head to get someone so you just learn when you spot someone to fire 3 shots quickly into someone which I find is usually more efficient rather then spending a long time waiting for that ideal head shot with a bolt action sniper.

Edited by fire_storm