Euro Lottrery winners scoop

Great_Gig

First thing I would do is disappear :lol:

Then I would run OCC from some fancy penthouse in New York while I throw snowballs at Clay down below :lol:

Minus the run OCC bit, that would be one of my plans as well. :lol:

1. Tell my boss where she can go. :P

2. Sell my apartment and buy a house in the Seattle area and another in the Phoenix area.

3. Buy a much fancier car, possibly a Porsche GT3.

4. Build the ultimate PC for me.

5. Buy every single video game I've ever wanted.

6. Get a much bigger TV, at least 46 inch for every room of my new houses.

7. Donate some to a few charities.

8. INVEST!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Give a nice piece to the parents.

2. Pay off any family and friends debts.

3. Build an awesome Japanese styled house on a private beach (Except for the paper thin walls. Hurricane proof is a must :D, gotta be practical).

4. Design a home cinema. Watch movies and movies and movies and some more movies.

5. Do all those DIY projects that I've seen, but never had the money, time, or tools.

6. Share with the community. Upgrade the speed of the city-free 1 Mbps WiFi and extend the range to cover more locations. Update the schools with modern equipment and give teachers a nice bonus. Make the local parks better. Build a movie theater with classic and foreign movies library.

• Buy a nice piece of property
  • Build my dream home (built directly into a hillside so it is 80% underground, completely off the grid, solar panels, windmills, solar collectors for light, hidden rooms, revolving walls, hidden basement/bunker et cetera)
  • Have a room be built and collaborated on by sound engineers to be a truly 'perfect' sound stage
  • Create another similar room with full theater seating and the top of the line projection units and surround sound setup
  • Research and buy/have built multiple absolute powerhouse supercomputers'; run distributed computing all of them.
    along with skynet
    :P
  • Remotely connect from any room in the house to said supercomputers; proceed to play computers games on said machines.
  • LCD panel walls with head tracking IR (so that no matter where I look on any of my walls I can see what I'm doing on the computer)
  • Buy a tracked snow vehicle (snow cat type thing)
  • Buy some snowmobiles
  • Buy a few ATVs
  • Buy/build a nice car
  • Buy/build a "play" truck
  • Build my own dragstrip/racetrack
  • Build my own outdoor powersports park for offroading/snowmobiling etc.
  • Build a shooting range
  • AND MORE!

Whats that you say?

Over budget by 200 million?

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

Edited by Andrewr05

Buy a reasonable house, solar it 4x over. Furnish said house. Then continue going to school (while also paying back my parents for any money they've spent on me over my life and then some). Once I get a stable job as an engineer and a great life partner I'd start investing/saving the rest according to the needs of my new family.

Think about what your saying. there's a simple reason the greater majority of lottery winners are broke within 5 years....they're idiots and try to buy everything they never had but saw on TV growing up. Guess waht? the people on TV that had all that stuff had sustained income.....not a lump.

To be honest. think about what you really want in life? everyone wants that awesome car. well go ahead and get it. but really.....i just need a house that has the space i want. is of good quality construction and has nice room and places i can relax in. i do not need marble inlay flooring from the Himalayas. what's that gonna do for me? I might need a nice fireplace and a nice view out my back window and a nice garage to play with cars in but honestly I don't need a sword collection or a house that tries to out do my neighbors house just because i want to prove im rich. no....noone needs that. and why do you want it anyway? To those that want the fun nice car collection. great....have it. enjoy it. but are you getting them cause your rich or because you wnat to experience that car? Nothing pissed me off more about the rich than seeing the car of Sam Waltons son in law....a ferrari 456....nice.....oh wait. Automatic? what the heck?...all of his cars were autos. F'n POSER! status car only at that point. punks all of em.

My job has its good and bad. no one wants to work but no one wants to be bored either. Everyone wants to do something that matters tho. if not to anyone else, to themselves. If I won the lottery. I would probably still do my job if the company treated me nice. The outlook on the job being the source of your family's security vs. not mattering at all towards it makes a big change in your attitude for work. Anyone know George Michael? the singer? remember the other half of his early band Wham? well that guy quit music and went rally racing. he crashed away all his money. nothing left but the occasional profit checks form Wham....like that's gonna get him anywhere now.

Take care of the bank first. then buy what you CAN buy but still sustain the source of income.

And if you have to quit work. Wait till the checks come in and your all set up with sustaining that income before you pee in your bosses coffee cup....while standing on his desk.....in front of him....giving him the finger....with both hands.

Edited by robAP

Think about what your saying. there's a simple reason the greater majority of lottery winners are broke within 5 years....they're idiots and try to buy everything they never had but saw on TV growing up. Guess waht? the people on TV that had all that stuff had sustained income.....not a lump.

To be honest. think about what you really want in life? everyone wants that awesome car. well go ahead and get it. but really.....i just need a house that has the space i want. is of good quality construction and has nice room and places i can relax in. i do not need marble inlay flooring from the Himalayas. what's that gonna do for me? I might need a nice fireplace and a nice view out my back window and a nice garage to play with cars in but honestly I don't need a sword collection or a house that tries to out do my neighbors house just because i want to prove im rich. no....noone needs that. and why do you want it anyway? To those that want the fun nice car collection. great....have it. enjoy it. but are you getting them cause your rich or because you wnat to experience that car? Nothing pissed me off more about the rich than seeing the car of Sam Waltons son in law....a ferrari 456....nice.....oh wait. Automatic? what the heck?...all of his cars were autos. F'n POSER! status car only at that point. punks all of em.

My job has its good and bad. no one wants to work but no one wants to be bored either. Everyone wants to do something that matters tho. if not to anyone else, to themselves. If I won the lottery. I would probably still do my job if the company treated me nice. The outlook on the job being the source of your family's security vs. not mattering at all towards it makes a big change in your attitude for work. Anyone know George Michael? the singer? remember the other half of his early band Wham? well that guy quit music and went rally racing. he crashed away all his money. nothing left but the occasional profit checks form Wham....like that's gonna get him anywhere now.

Take care of the bank first. then buy what you CAN buy but still sustain the source of income.

And if you have to quit work. Wait till the checks come in and your all set up with sustaining that income before you pee in your bosses coffee cup....while standing on his desk.....in front of him....giving him the finger....with both hands.

:withstupid:

Money won't buy you happiness applies to most people in this world.

Edited by fire_storm

Money won't buy you happiness applies to most people in this world.

Not me, winning the Lottery would make me blissfully happy :) I could indulge my passion of travel and with bases in four places around the world, I could spend time with my friends at those locations, who I don't get to see often enough, as I cannot afford it. But mostly not working would make me happy, but I guess that's because I'm older and have worked for the last 30+ years and now have a lot I want to do before I depart...... yeah, winning the Lottery would make me VERY happy.... and it's not the money 'buying' happiness, it's having the means to be able to do the things that make you happy.... and going to work everyday ain't one of them!

Also being able to enrich the lives of people you care for would make me (and them) happy too..... just paying off someone's mortgage would be a great help. It's not life changing for them, but it's making life a little easier.

Edited by Great_Gig

But mostly not working would make me happy, but I guess that's because I'm older and have worked for the last 30+ years and now have a lot I want to do before I depart...... yeah, winning the Lottery would make me VERY happy.... and it's not the money 'buying' happiness, it's having the means to be able to do the things that make you happy.... and going to work everyday ain't one of them!

The excitement and joy of having money does ware out after a certain amount of time for most people because you just get use to it and you usually will end back in the same position before you got the money but just in a different set of circumstances and different set of things to complain or worry about.

Of course this does depend on the person because I'm sure there are people out there that could buy some many things that they never loose the excitement and joy of having a lot of money.

Edited by fire_storm

Give at least 1/4 of it away right off the bat. Pay off people's houses and cars, etc. that I know, especially close family. I won't give away any cash, just give them a leg up. The money then save from not having any payments will help them more then giving them cash to blow.

Start/buy some businesses to hire all my friends and family that need jobs and cash. Keep working to maintain these businesses and have an 'empire' of sorts to leave to my future family. Use about 1/2 the money to do this.

Take the remaining 1/4 and support myself. Pay off my debts, buy a house or two, get married, buy a car or two, and just little things - new PC, TV, stuff like that and then save the rest until the businesses I have start getting cash flow.

^ Absolutely, I think the comments that 'most people' who win spend it all and end up worse than they were before, is just media BS. Of course we hear about the fools who win and splurge the lot, that's a great news story. But you never hear about the people who make the most of it.... that's boring - but that would be the majority of the lottery winners. If you are an idiot when you win the lottery, you will just be an idiot with a lot of money afterwards. An idiot with money will soon just be an idiot again!

Simple formula really, buy what you need, give some to friends and family to improve their lives and then invest the rest and live off the income...... it beats me how lottery winners can end up with nothing, they even get free financial advice over here.... but then again, an idiot is an idiot.... period :huh:

And anyway, this was just a light hearted whimsical muse on what people would do if they won, but somehow it's turned into a philosophical debate on the evils of having too much money. Lol...

Edited by Great_Gig