Are you happy with your Modern Warfare 2 PC version?

sack_patrol

All of you talk about sales and how it proves that MW2 is a game more enjoyed than its predecessors.

Then why do more people play Call of Duty 4, and even 2?!

http://www.xfire.com/

http://www.xfire.com/games/cod2/Call_of_Duty_2/

Release Date: 2005-10-25

COD 2 users playing per day: 52k

http://www.xfire.com/games/cod4/Call_of_Du...Modern_Warfare/

Release Date: 2007-11-5

COD 4 users playing per day: 76k

http://www.xfire.com/games/codmw2/Call_of_...dern_Warfare_2/

Release Date: 2009-11-10

COD 5 users playing per day: 56k

so COD5 has 20k less users and it hasn't even been out for 2 months yet?

yea it's doing terrible :rolleyes:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There would be no reason to pirate the game if instead of spending all the money on blaming piracy for all of their problems, they actually developed a decent game that wasn't a $60 piece of . that doesn't even count as a full game. If I am spending $60 on a game it damn well better be the best .ing game on the planet have a single player campaign that lasts more than 6 hours and has pc multiplayer not this console ported 8v8 crap. That my friend is why people pirate games, that and intrusive and shady DRM that limits the amount of times you can install the game on your own personal computer.

In my opinion the game is not worth $60 there are far better games available at the moment that cost half as much and are more pc user friendly, Infinity Ward gave the pc gaming community a big slap in the face with this game, the pc community is the reason that they even exists, and they should have a little more respect for their roots. /END RANT

YEAH! You tell em. Right ON!!!

I bought COD 4, 2 days ago on steam, and I swear..I'm glad I didn't get that $60 piece of...well you get the idea, instead.

so COD5 has 20k less users and it hasn't even been out for 2 months yet?

yea it's doing terrible :rolleyes:

But IW is saying CoD6 already a bigger success than CoD4 (financially, it is, as more users have purchased the game. However, their experience with the game is visibly poor as even though more own the game, less are playing it That's what happens when you destroy servers! The longevity of your game is destroyed!).

Also, CoD5 wasn't made by IW so it doesn't really apply.

Edited by tkrow21

CoD 4 is a piece of crap compared to this game. I mean sure servers are nice, but lag doesn't happen to often(Although that micro lag is . me off >:(). Look at how much challenges, titles, emblems and accessories for the gun you can get/change. CoD 4 was boring after a while and the ACOG scope was horrible and useless.

CoD 4 is a piece of crap compared to this game. I mean sure servers are nice, but lag doesn't happen to often(Although that micro lag is . me off >:(). Look at how much challenges, titles, emblems and accessories for the gun you can get/change. CoD 4 was boring after a while and the ACOG scope was horrible and useless.

Yes CoD 6, gameplay & content wise is a far superior game but I'm only saying that the lack of servers is enough to piss of PC gamers, and trying to say that CoD 6 is being accepted by the PC community well is just stupid. Also, are you a casual gamer? I'd like to know as you noticed the pathetic bullet registration.

To all of those who said they couldn't get games with their friends... :lol:

People were referring to regulars on a server and you knew that explicitly.

Of course inviting someone from your friends list is still feasible. :glare:

Edited by tkrow21

But IW is saying CoD6 already a bigger success than CoD4 (financially, it is, as more users have purchased the game. However, their experience with the game is visibly poor as even though more own the game, less are playing it That's what happens when you destroy servers! The longevity of your game is destroyed!).

Also, CoD5 wasn't made by IW so it doesn't really apply.

cod5 being modern warfare 2... thats what i meant

cod5 being modern warfare 2... thats what i meant

Oh ok, but my point still stands.

There are more PC copies of Modern Warfare 2 in the hands of players, and since it is a newer game, there should be more people playing than a product that was launched over two years ago and does not have as many copies in the hands of players (that is, if the game is indeed superior than CoD4). However, this isn't so, as even though CoD4 has lost the "new" factor and has less people that own it, more people are playing it, which can only mean that the people who purchased Modern Warfare 2 are dissatisfied with the product. Why are they dissatisfied? Well, it only makes sense to assume that it's for the reason that they're making it out to be: no dedicated servers. Whether that's a legitimate reason or not, the fact of the matter is that Modern Warfare 2 doesn't have as many players as CoD4 because people are dissatisfied with it's online matchmaking system.

I personally didn't and don't plan to purchase modern warfare 2 but I think the game is less played because it just isn't as good as the original modern warfare overall. Of course many people are upset over the server stuff but I wouldn't say that is the sole reason, many people were upset about it before the release of the game and then bought it and it felt it was no longer a problem, some of those people are members of these forums even. I personally would not enjoy it because of a lack of content, I know they added a lot of new stuff but they also removed a lot of stuff from the original modern warfare for absolutely no reason, and the lack of content is there, you don't have that many options for an innovative combat system in modern warfare 2, I would say the most innovative piece of combat is the riot shield, in my opinion that isn't saying much when a grenade can easily penetrate the shield and a rocket cannot. To blame it's failure on the dedicated servers issue alone just isn't fair because there is a lack of content in the game for many players out there.

What content did they get rid of? It has all the things from CoD 4 and more.(New perks, new camo and new attachments). :blink:

Who cares about this stuff...no wait don't answer that.

They removed THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS from the freakin game. Content doesn't only mean "stuff in game" it covers everything. The number 1 being DEDICATED SERVERS. Then the console. Then the ability to play with more than 8v8 (which comes with the lack of dedicated). The lack of customizing ANYTHING. AND ON TOP OF ALL THIS it's $10 more than ANY other game. It didn't even introduce anything new in the gameplay. It's the same thing like COD 4. I'd say it's pretty screwed up. I don't see where my $60 bucks goes in this game. A 7-8 hour camp (on veteran)? No. I probably wouldn't be so hard on the game if it wasn't so expensive for nothing...but you know... . that. It may be super cool on the consoles...but I couldn't care less about consoles. It sucks on the PC and thats that.

Now that I got COD 4 and know what playing online feels like, I can safely say that I'd be pretty pissed if my game were interrupted every time somebody leaves or if I don't get my match bonus for some reason.

Edited by ballist1x

CoD 4 campaign, done in what 6 hours. Look beyond servers, then you will see a great game.(With servers is included mods, console and lag).

Sure it needs some fixes, but those can be done with outside programs, there are dedicated servers if you can find and download them.(Not sure where though).

Wait like a year or so and there will be some kind of mod to make servers.

Are you joking me? Lag comes with servers? Servers are something you download?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dedicated_server

Read that then get back to the convo.

Either way, I'm not arguing about dedicated servers. I'm just stating the fact that MW2 is less popular than CoD4 on PC because of the lack of dedicated servers.

Well, it only makes sense to assume that it's for the reason that they're making it out to be: no dedicated servers. Whether that's a legitimate reason or not, the fact of the matter is that Modern Warfare 2 doesn't have as many players as CoD4 because people are dissatisfied with it's online matchmaking system.
Edited by tkrow21