Are you happy with your Modern Warfare 2 PC version?

sack_patrol

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you rely on anyone but yourself to judge the game? I thought you were the supreme resource for all gaming knowledge with the final say on whether a game was good or bad? :rolleyes:

Pirates like you are part of the reason PC gamers are getting the shaft.

I also said that I knew the game would be bad the first time I heard "no dedicated servers for MW2". This article gives me additional information. And I was in fact right. PC version is bad because of poor execution by what seems to be a gang of monkeys disguised as humans and call themselves infinity ward. I also wouldn't buy a game if I didn't know it's good. In the sense that it's well executed and performs good. This game isn't that bad despite it being COD4's DLC update for $60. But the stuff that was left out is simply unacceptable. I buy only games that deserve to be bought. MW2 isn't one of them. It almost was but...FAIL! Instead, COD4 will probably get my moneyz.

@tkrow21: I don't think I want to spend $60 on a poorly made game that the great majority of the internets think sux. It's good for gameplay n stuff though. Man I still can't believe they won't put normal servers. Developers like money...they are suckers for money. So why not get some more money by putting servers and console. I know that tomorrow first thing I'd do is go buy it. Right now all they have is a PC community that will probably never trust infinity ward again resulting in sales drops for the next COD game which probably won't even have grafix settings. "ooh, we want players to experience the game, the way WE designed it. Grafix will change blanace and will make it bad + some other stuff that I don't understand but will say, so that it looks like I'm intelligent. *monkey sound*."

I'm sorry but I really liked those gameplay videos I saw of cod6 and I'm very let down by this whole thing.

Edited by ballist1x

what else did I say that mattered? I said the game was poorly executed in it's online segment. It has good gameplay BUT I'm not going to buy it or play it because I simply can't without it being uncomfortable for me. I can play it single player no prob.

Edited by ballist1x

@ ballist1x

Not sure what rock you have been hiding under, but CoD MW2 is a best selling game. It's a record breaking game in sales. It's already sold more PC copies than CoD 4. It's been on Steam's most purchased game for quite a few weeks now. It only dropped from #1, when Steam started it's Holiday Sales.

So I wouldn't say the majority of the PC community agrees.

Edited by Krazyxazn

@ ballist1x

Not sure what rock you have been hiding under, but CoD MW2 is a best selling game. It's a record breaking game in sales. It's already sold more PC copies than CoD 4. It's been on Steam's most purchased game for quite a few weeks now. It only dropped from #1, when Steam started it's Holiday Sales.

So I wouldn't say the majority of the PC community agrees.

They do after they saw the horibbleness that is p2p server emulation. In any case, this is not good for me. This kind of service makes the game luck based. I'd rather go with COD4 and get my money's worth.

They do after they saw the horibbleness that is p2p server emulation. In any case, this is not good for me. This kind of service makes the game luck based. I'd rather go with COD4 and get my money's worth.

That information you found after climbing from under your rock has been out for a long time. It's old news. People are still buying MW2.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Ok fellas. This thread is really starting to degenerate...........

Everyone is going to have their own perspective and opinion. Those of you who own the game may love it, others may have purchased it and not been so pleased. And still others (like Ballist1x) don't think it's worth the money for the perceived shortcomings.

Thats all it is in the end - personal preference and how you want to spend your gaming budget. Frankly I passed on MW2 over the weekend because I was able to get L4D2 and the Unreal Deal Pack at Steam for $51.98 - to me that seemed like a better deal for me than spending $59 bucks for MW2.

But yet - to each their own. Just keep it civil :)

Edited by wevsspot

Why would you rely on anyone but yourself to judge the game? I thought you were the supreme resource for all gaming knowledge with the final say on whether a game was good or bad? :rolleyes:

Pirates like you are part of the reason PC gamers are getting the shaft.

Reading through this, I was thinking, ALL the time, "When will Waco show his head? It's gunna happen eventually...

I can quite happily admit that I lol'd before I even read your post =P

But tbh, I agree with Ballist here...

The PC version didn't get the shaft just because it's becoming a bad market. It wouldn't have cost them anything to implement the console, or keep it infact :S

You can't lean. Again, why would you SUBTRACT from the predecessor into the sequel? =/

If they were being asked to completely rework the game engine, THEN I'd understand completely if they released some PoS port-to-PC, or no PC version at all...

But instead, for whatever twisted reason, they decided to cause the PC gamers hell, just because they choose to play on the PC. What IW are trying to say is "Give it up. Get a friggin console." And if you ask me, that isn't fair at all =/