Are you happy with your Modern Warfare 2 PC version?

sack_patrol

I think the problem is that you haven't played multiplayer on a console before. Believe me for the most part it's identical to dedicated servers, if you're worrying about how it's going to work then you're simply not focusing enough on the game.

That is possibly one of the most untrue statements ever made.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most competition games are 5v5 or lower. You said yourself you mainly care about competition, so not point in having more than 5v5 if in lets say TWL you never go above that. Just lets there be less people to get naded, so less kills. I remember CoD 4, sure it was fun sometimes getting 1 airstrike and getting a like 20 kill streak with it on Crossfire when there were 48 players. But it was mostly just nade spam and who can shoot at the other spawn the most.

I do like competition but I don't emulate it 24/7 rite. I just think that the game is way inferior to COD 4 in almost all ways. Dedicated servers is 1 main reason. What about the people that like to play with more action going on and more players at once? Or if they want to customize their stuff, rules etc.? It just limits the game from all sides.

Also in cod 4, playing headquarters and search-and-destroy eliminates all the noobness like camping, nade spam etc. Those 2 are the most fun and most tactical (shouldn't have more than 20 ppl though). Deathmatch and TDM are nothing special that we don't see in other games. I mainly play there to level up fast if I want to.

Edited by ballist1x

Also in cod 4, playing headquarters and search-and-destroy eliminates all the noobness like camping, nade spam etc.

Wait,whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I've been playing cod4 for almost 2 years and been in several clans. S&D is the perfect place for camping & nade spam. Imagine crash on the opfor beginning. In a 10v10 game, I can guarantee you that 15 nades will be thrown in the first 20 seconds.

Wait,whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I've been playing cod4 for almost 2 years and been in several clans. S&D is the perfect place for camping & nade spam. Imagine crash on the opfor beginning. In a 10v10 game, I can guarantee you that 15 nades will be thrown in the first 20 seconds.

Exactly. And camping is the most in HQ and S'n'D, only better thing is when you can have rules on the server.

Also in cod 4, playing headquarters and search-and-destroy eliminates all the noobness like camping, nade spam etc. Those 2 are the most fun and most tactical (shouldn't have more than 20 ppl though). Deathmatch and TDM are nothing special that we don't see in other games. I mainly play there to level up fast if I want to.

you know mw2 has HQ & SnD also right? :blink:

I have to agree with ballist1x on this particular point, I personally found that playing on clan servers with sets of rules made the game a lot more interesting because it added a new challenge or took away something stupid. For example, my favorite server was a 24/7 Crossfire server that had rules against bunny hopping, jumping to avoid fire or to surprise and for me this made it a lot of fun because people would focus more of aiming down their sights and not trying to pull a cheap trick like jumping around corners to surprise the enemy. I'm not trying to say these rules are perfect or a god send but in my opinion they have the potential to add to the game, kind of like a mod does, anyone that has played some cod4 mods like zombies or aliens probably knows what I mean. In my opinion servers just have more potential than an open lobby game when it comes to a game mode.

In my opinion servers just have more potential than an open lobby game when it comes to a game mode.

where u can't even kick ppl, I guess when that total noob comes in and starts ruining the whole game everyone else would just have to make a new game rite. But thats much more fun that dedicated servers. Them and their kicking and banning...who do they think they are.

where u can't even kick ppl, I guess when that total noob comes in and starts ruining the whole game everyone else would just have to make a new game rite. But thats much more fun that dedicated servers. Them and their kicking and banning...who do they think they are.

If you opponents are complete noobs there's no reason to complain now is there :P And if they're on your team, team-killing actually hurts the shooter (weird system I know) so no worries there. Otherwise there's really nothing else that can go wrong...

If you know they are camping, then go to where they are camping ...95% of the people are too stupid to move around. I've only run into 1-2 people that were too good to hold down their camping spot no matter what I tried ...and then a few more on top of that where I would consider really good but most certainly not unmoveable.

The only thing that truly annoys me is when NO ONE is playing the game (these people should just play TDM) and everyone is just off doing they're own thing. I'll try for a little bit to see if I can spur people into playing the game, sometimes it works and when it doesn't... I'll just start camping myself.

Oh and Flash Spammers, I seriously want to remove flash nades from the game... I make it a special point to punish them. I'll follow their movement patterns and hunt those Aclowns down. Noob Tubers are pathetic but I can deal with them because once they use their 2 shots they are pretty much useless after that as they usually rely on their nade launching instead of trying to get better.

Now that IW patched the servers I don't see any glitches and the game is playing the way it should. Had those glitches stayed in much longer I'd probably have a different tune.

Oh and Flash Spammers, I seriously want to remove flash nades from the game... I make it a special point to punish them. I'll follow their movement patterns and hunt those Aclowns down.

lol looks like IW haven't learnt from CSS :D once I got flashed 4 times in quick succession...