Steam Holiday Sales

damian

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They worked on Diablo 1, 2, and Fate. Like I said, an action RPG to me is not a traditional RPG. They took D&D and made it a brawl with a huge emphasis on loot. Not exactly revolutionary in the proper sense, but in a certain way it is.. and addicting nonetheless. I did not grow up on Diablo, I grew up on Final Fantasy and to me, an action RPG and a traditional RPG are two separate entities. Thats just how I feel about it. Also, I did say, the makers. Not Torchlight itself, but the makers. Action RPGs fill up spare time, traditional RPGs take away lives. :P

I bet I'll get flamed for it.. but its just how I feel about action RPG and traditional RPG, two different beasts that each fit into the RPG mold. Just in completely different aspects. Hell, whenever I mention a game like Diablo I call it an action RPG.. never an actual RPG.

Don't know why you think you'd get flamed for saying something that 99% of people would agree with. Of course Action RPGs and Traditional RPGs are completely different. That's why there's a distinction. Nobody's going to claim much similarity between Diablo and Elder Scrolls.

Anywho, everyone who picked up Torchlight, I've added Torchlight to the OCC Xfire Clan games list, so be sure to join the clan if you haven't already and of course have xfire launched when you play Torchlight :)

Don't know why you think you'd get flamed for saying something that 99% of people would agree with. Of course Action RPGs and Traditional RPGs are completely different. That's why there's a distinction. Nobody's going to claim much similarity between Diablo and Elder Scrolls.

Anywho, everyone who picked up Torchlight, I've added Torchlight to the OCC Xfire Clan games list, so be sure to join the clan if you haven't already and of course have xfire launched when you play Torchlight :)

I'm just use to getting flamed for voicing opinions on things lol.

For today's sales, there is Prey for 2.25, Space Siege for 4.99, Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box for 7.99 (hell of a steal), Orange Box for 14.99, and Killing Floor for 4.99. All the deals are for today only, so get what you want before bedtime or before work tomorrow!

If someone doesn't own The Orange Box, GET IT! $15 is a STEAL! Hell, $50 was a steal when it first came out! You get not one, not two, but THREE STELLAR GAMES!

HL2:E2 - possibly the most action-packed, intense 4-8 hrs of gaming there is. Short, but sweet.

TF2 - arguably the best multi-player shooter ever

Portal - the surprise hit of the set, many GotY's and one of the most memorable NPCs ever.

If someone doesn't own The Orange Box, GET IT! $15 is a STEAL! Hell, $50 was a steal when it first came out! You get not one, not two, but THREE STELLAR GAMES!

HL2:E2 - possibly the most action-packed, intense 4-8 hrs of gaming there is. Short, but sweet.

Portal - the surprise hit of the set, many GotY's and one of the most memorable NPCs ever.

Unfortunately all I need is Portal. :(

Five, you get HL2 and HL2:E1.

Well, it appears that Prey is no longer available to buy. They ran out of keys..

Our sale on Prey was so popular we ran out of keys!! If we can get more, we'll try to bring this deal back. Stay tuned for a replacement deal for the rest of the day...

They replaced it with Bioshock for 5 bucks so.. if no one has Bioshock, now is a perfect time to get it!

Well, it appears that Prey is no longer available to buy. They ran out of keys..

They replaced it with Bioshock for 5 bucks so.. if no one has Bioshock, now is a perfect time to get it!

WIN! I was hoping for Bioshock to go on sale!

Five, you get HL2 and HL2:E1.
True true...I guess I just figured that if someone was to call themselves a PC Gamer, they must have already played HL2 ;):lol:

WIN! I was hoping for Bioshock to go on sale!

I think bp wants to kill you right now :lol:

I think bp wants to kill you right now :lol:

Damn skippy lol! Man, I was about 5 seconds away from purchasing Prey when it no longer appeared in my cart. Royally pissed me off... Clay had to listen to it all. :lol: