Steam Holiday Sales

damian

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just when I thought Mass Effect was the only game I needed to go on sale, they throw up Crysis Maximum Edition for 66% Off...only $13.59. Despite building my PC for Crysis, I never wound up getting it. lol.

When the hell am I going to find time for all these games?! :lol:

When the hell am I going to find time for all these games?! :lol:

Same, I'm building a PC to play Borderlands, but then picked up CSS to entertain me in the meanwhile, before grabbing MW2 to challenge some friends to some deathmatches, and getting Shattered Horizons to challenge some strangers to the same. And the PC isn't even in! If Fallout 3 goes on sale, I'm going to fail every exam for the next 6 months!

[EDIT] Hey Kongregate! Haven't seen that in a while....

Edited by Union Of V

I'm in the middle of DAO and now Torchlight, play TF2 when I feel like killing people and play Farmville and Mafia Wars on Facebook. During the Steam Black Friday sale, I bought the THQ Complete pack, which is like twenty games, plus Dead Space...and aside from Torchlight, for the Holiday Sale, I picked up the Max Payne Bundle, and Crysis Maximum Edition...and I'm still waiting for ME to go on sale. EEK!

Maybe I should quit my job and just play games all day for a year :lol:

PS. I play on Kongregate too :). Level 35.

LOADS of uber cheap offers today, what are the total war games like?

Mix of turn-based and real-time strategy. I played the demo for one of them awhile back, but I couldn't really get into it. They're hugely popular though, and I know a few people play it here.

Mix of turn-based and real-time strategy. I played the demo for one of them awhile back, but I couldn't really get into it. They're hugely popular though, and I know a few people play it here.

My friend had Rome: Total War a long while back, and it looked pretty damn cool =P I used to watch a program called Time Commanders, and I think they might have used that game engine to do the show (A team of people would strategically plan out old famous battles, then be shown how the real life tactics worked, etc. All on a huge tabletop computer. It was awesome =D)

I remember a long long time ago I had Shogun: Total War on Sold Out ^_^ It was good but I wondered if Total War had changed dramatically since then?

i just picked up max payne. aside from some issues with playing on a newer os it is a really cool game so far.

i am having trouble with the mouse in the game as its acting like those old mice did with the ball when you had a bunch of dirt packed into it.

perhaps using an older mouse will work better

edit. fixed the mouse by unchecking "enhance pointer precision" in windows mouse settings

also had to fix the sound in the game with a sound patch I found.

Now the game is running well. I am really liking the dark gritty story so far ,, and even though i dont like comic books the story being presented like one is pretty sweet,, reminds me of sin city or something

Edited by feetfats

LOADS of uber cheap offers today, what are the total war games like?

I know a lot of people who have it, seems to have become this generation's Age Of Empires. Appeals both to the Napoleon-era warfare expert who knows all 5 ways of killing someone with a bayonet and your average RTS'er.