Steam Holiday Sales

damian

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torchlight is a steal for $20, let alone $5.

It's got a lot of content for the price and it's from the same guys who revolutionized the RPG genre.

Looks intersting but the graphics look a little too cartoony for my tastes...

I bought Torchlight today for 5 bucks lol. I wouldn't say the makers revolutionized the RPG genre.. they do action RPGs and to me, action RPG and traditional RPG are practically two different beasts. But still.. total steal for 5 bucks.

And for any who didn't pick it up, Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition is on sale for only 48.74. Thats a complete steal imo. But only 12 more hours to go so act fast!

Edited by bp9801

I bought Torchlight today for 5 bucks lol. I wouldn't say the makers revolutionized the RPG genre.. they do action RPGs and to me, action RPG and traditional RPG are practically two different beasts. But still.. total steal for 5 bucks.

And for any who didn't pick it up, Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition is on sale for only 48.74. Thats a complete steal imo. But only 12 more hours to go so act fast!

I believe the devs worked on Diablo 2, hence revolutionizing the RPG genre. He wasn't referring to Torchlight, but something that they did in the past.

I also just grabbed Torchlight. It was only $5 so no big deal. Lets see what tomorrow holds!

I believe the devs worked on Diablo 2, hence revolutionizing the RPG genre. He wasn't referring to Torchlight, but something that they did in the past.

I also just grabbed Torchlight. It was only $5 so no big deal. Lets see what tomorrow holds!

They worked on Diablo 1, 2, and Fate. Like I said, an action RPG to me is not a traditional RPG. They took D&D and made it a brawl with a huge emphasis on loot. Not exactly revolutionary in the proper sense, but in a certain way it is.. and addicting nonetheless. I did not grow up on Diablo, I grew up on Final Fantasy and to me, an action RPG and a traditional RPG are two separate entities. Thats just how I feel about it. Also, I did say, the makers. Not Torchlight itself, but the makers. Action RPGs fill up spare time, traditional RPGs take away lives. :P

I bet I'll get flamed for it.. but its just how I feel about action RPG and traditional RPG, two different beasts that each fit into the RPG mold. Just in completely different aspects. Hell, whenever I mention a game like Diablo I call it an action RPG.. never an actual RPG.

Hmm, Torchlight looks pretty cool, and I loved Diablo and Diablo 2 (waiting for Diablo 3 patiently).

Yeah, just bought it, it HAS to be worth at least $5 :D

Edit: Gah, I just noticed it's only single-player. What were they thinking?

Edit2: Okay, I'm impressed so far with Torchlight, feels very polished and such. Definitely a steal at $5. Multiplayer would simply be a bonus :)

Edited by rivalary

I spent almost the entirety of the end of grammar school and high school playing Diablo 2. :P

Well, I did say it was addicting lol. I have friends who still play D2 religiously and get offended if you suggest any other game. :lol:

The Complete PopCap Collection is on sale today for 50 bucks, get 30 games for a ridiculously cheap price. Also, Dead Space is just 10.19 and Day of Defeat: Source is 2.49. And for the RTS lovers, Hearts of Iron III is only 7.49. Today only though!

Hmm, Torchlight looks pretty cool, and I loved Diablo and Diablo 2 (waiting for Diablo 3 patiently).

Yeah, just bought it, it HAS to be worth at least $5 :D

Edit: Gah, I just noticed it's only single-player. What were they thinking?

Edit2: Okay, I'm impressed so far with Torchlight, feels very polished and such. Definitely a steal at $5. Multiplayer would simply be a bonus :)

Torchlight is a great game that was optimized for single player, though multiplayer would make it a lot more like Diablo II. For a single player experience, Torchlight is the way to go, whereas Diablo has an awesome multiplayer (LAN, Battle Net).