So that 5870, never got to me, Now What?

Keishii~89

So, the 5870 I ordered, never appeared, and after two and a half weeks of crap, a paypal claim, and a $475US reimbursement, I'm back at square one. I have a working rig ZERO. I now have a nice, expensive paperweight, with NO GPU.

FYI I'm gaming @ 19x10, Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2, STALKER:CS, butt.Cre.2, and a few others that I could run maxed on a GTX260, so it won't really matter.

I figure I'm left with 3 (ish) options:

Try and find another 5870 for a decent price if at all before the new year, Get a 4870x2 for a cooool

Edited by Keishii~89

Thanks for the replies guys.

MJCRO:

I'd wait off, but ATM I have NO GPU at all. And I'd very much like to finish Dragon Age, Borderlands, and just get back to feeding my TF2 addiction lol.

00stevo, The Smith:

I've been thinking that for a while, The 5850 while may not max a few of my games (Dragon Age?) It'll tide me over till later next year, And will probably hold it's price pretty well when it comes to selling it on.

Maj0r Gamer:

I'ma still keep my eyes open for a 5870. After all , I have the money to throw at one. The one I tried to get, I got for

So, the 5870 I ordered, never appeared, and after two and a half weeks of crap, a paypal claim, and a $475US reimbursement, I'm back at square one. I have a working rig ZERO. I now have a nice, expensive paperweight, with NO GPU.

FYI I'm gaming @ 19x10, Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2, STALKER:CS, butt.Cre.2, and a few others that I could run maxed on a GTX260, so it won't really matter.

I figure I'm left with 3 (ish) options:

Try and find another 5870 for a decent price if at all before the new year, Get a 4870x2 for a cooool

Edited by Danny_75

would get a 5870 for a reputable dealer and be happy if at all possible! :)

Its the UK mate,Shops sell crap they dont have, cos we are british we just sit and wait :) If they gave medals to just standing in line we would have 10000000 :) i ordered a 5970 2 days ago. I have moaned at everyone in the world cos i will only get it Jan next year. We never moan to the ppl that matter :)

00stevo, The Smith:

I've been thinking that for a while, The 5850 while may not max a few of my games (Dragon Age?) It'll tide me over till later next year, And will probably hold it's price pretty well when it comes to selling it on.

Why do you think a 5850 will not be able to max your games? My single 4870(with just 512 ram) is able to play all games @1080p with very nice quality settings.I sometimes need to drop AA but so what? A 5850 would likely pummel a 4870,so dont spend over the odds for a 5870 when a 5850 would be a better choice.I mean if you have the money by all means get a 5870,but it might be wasted money when the 5850 is such a great performer,especially for the price.