molotovdaskwerl

good malware/spyware protection?

i need a new "condom" for my computer, spyware doc kinduv is failing on me as i can't get a full copy from google updater any more

any suggestions plox

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 is by far the best I've had. It seems to have the best weight:quality ratio. I just had to reinstall windows due to some modifications I wanted to make and now I won't even install any antivirus. It's a waste of memory for me. I never get any viruses. <_<

Another plug for MalwareBytes.

I use;

MalwareBytes

S&D Spybot Search and Destroy

Windows Defender

Using a combination of the three and responsible web surfing I never have any problems on any of my PC's.

Be aware that S&D does detect a valid Windows registry key and flags it as harmful on Vista and Windows 7 (disable display properties) or something similar it's called. Make sure to mark that one as safe and exclude from future detections.

How does Windows Defender stack up as a spyware removal tool? Please include details or evidence to support your arguments (not just 'Windows/Microsoft sucks...'). Thanks!

+1 for malwarebytes. Works awesomely. I use that and Microsoft Security Essentials, as the free version of MWB doesn't have real-time scanning.