[DEALS] Newegg BlackFriday

Andrewr05

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

slow plus the occasional timeouts.

Contemplating a 1TB hard drive. What's a good price?

EDIT: 1.5TB drive for $98: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822148337

....hmmm

I saw that and remembered buying that exact drive last year during BF. Then I remembered all the pain caused when it failed in under 6 months even with the updated firmware.

Guest ajmatson

Man they have some good sales but they jacked up a lot of things like my OCZ Spec Ops Urban Elite are going for over $100 and I got them for $69 with no sales a few months back.

I saw that and remembered buying that exact drive last year during BF. Then I remembered all the pain caused when it failed in under 6 months even with the updated firmware.

Darn. Well, thanks for the warning.

I'm soooooooo tempted to buy the 28" Hanns G Monitor. It's such a great price for a huge monitor... I'd have to get rid of my shelf above my monitor though :lol:
I don't care what the specs are on that, I'm tempted to buy it as well.

A 28" LCD TV or not for $260 is an incredible deal regardless of the quality...

This Western Digital 1.5TB is cheaper and has no reputation of firmware issues. I'll probably pick one of these up as the limit is one. If the Seagate was the 7200.12 then I might have thought differently about it.

Thanks for the link. Tempting, though not so sure about it being the Green line (compared to Black). But then again, if I use it just for storage, then I guess the reduced speed won't matter as much. And maybe with the 32MB of cache (compared to my 16MB cache drives right now), I won't even notice the reduced speed.

Thanks for the link. Tempting, though not so sure about it being the Green line (compared to Black). But then again, if I use it just for storage, then I guess the reduced speed won't matter as much. And maybe with the 32MB of cache (compared to my 16MB cache drives right now), I won't even notice the reduced speed.

You won't notice a speed difference between most hard drives unless you're comparing them to SSD's.