[DEALS] Newegg BlackFriday

Andrewr05

WARNING: That's only 60Hz! I strongly advise not getting it! You should get 120Hz minimum, if not 240Hz.

You should be able to find the 240Hz version with wireless Internet capability for around the same price, as my friend bought that about a month ago.

yeah I noticed that shortly into reading further into it. I saw a 120hz version for not much more, my dad would be P/O because he is satisfied with that monstrosity of a 1080i 52" projection

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WARNING: That's only 60Hz! I strongly advise not getting it! You should get 120Hz minimum, if not 240Hz.

You should be able to find the 240Hz version with wireless Internet capability for around the same price, as my friend bought that about a month ago.

What's wrong with 60Hz? Most video is at 29.7/~24 fps.

Bragging rights..:lol:

It looks better. I have a 60Hz and a 120Hz and the 120Hz looks much better.

:withstupid: If you're a sports fan, you definitely want 120-240Hz. I can't comment on gaming, as I haven't seen the difference first-hand to comment on it.

BTW, I just went to purchase the 1.5TB WD drive...added it to my cart...went to check out, and GOT REJECTED! It's now sold out...happened within the last 5 minutes. WTFUDGE?!

Now I need to decide, do I get the 1.5TB 7200.11 drive, the 1TB 7200.12 drive, or nothing at all. hmmmm.

EDIT: Amazon has the WD drive for the same $89.99 price with free shipping. Won't get it as quickly as newegg though.

EDIT2: Amazon has tax, whereas newegg doesn't. GRRRR. Now I'm back to not being able to decide. lol

Even if source material is 29.7fps it looks better on 120Hz? I have a 60Hz TV and it looks phenomenal. \

Like I said, for sports (and from what i've heard, gaming), yes, it makes a difference, as it reduces motion blur. Hockey is probably the best sport to see the difference.

:withstupid: If you're a sports fan, you definitely want 120-240Hz. I can't comment on gaming, as I haven't seen the difference first-hand to comment on it.

BTW, I just went to purchase the 1.5TB WD drive...added it to my cart...went to check out, and GOT REJECTED! It's now sold out...happened within the last 5 minutes. WTFUDGE?!

Now I need to decide, do I get the 1.5TB 7200.11 drive, the 1TB 7200.12 drive, or nothing at all. hmmmm.

EDIT: Amazon has the WD drive for the same $89.99 price with free shipping. Won't get it as quickly as newegg though.

EDIT2: Amazon has tax, whereas newegg doesn't. GRRRR. Now I'm back to not being able to decide. lol

The 1.5TB Samsung F2 Ecogreen was the same price on Newegg and has good reviews from what I've heard.

The 1.5TB Samsung F2 Ecogreen was the same price on Newegg and has good reviews from what I've heard.

Oh, I didn't notice that one. It's funny because I read a review comparing that to the WD Green 1.5. Both had its pros and cons. I've never had a Samsung drive, but if the quality is anything like its LCDs, I'm sure I'll be happy.

Thanks for the info :)

What's wrong with 60Hz? Most video is at 29.7/~24 fps.

120hz helps I hear but I haven't actually seen one myself

Lucky you, everyone gets Newegg without tax, living in NJ I'm screwed with tax <_<.

120hz helps I hear but I haven't actually seen one myself

Lucky you, everyone gets Newegg without tax, living in NJ I'm screwed with tax <_>

:waits for a CPA to chime in how we're supposed to claim it at the end of the year: :lol:

So I went back on newegg to purchase the Samsung Eco, and noticed the WD Green was back...so I added that to my cart and was able to complete the checkout process this time. Very odd. I haven't received an email confirmation yet, but I do still see it in the system, so I dunno...I guess I'll have to wait and see.