Anyone get the Droid?

Capo

Have you taken a Droid and a 3Gs beside one another to test each under like conditions? No? Well then your opinion is merely based on paper specifications.

How many applications are their for the Droid? What is the game library like?

Regardless of all of the above the keyboard is still ..

I am no Apple fanboy, but the bottom line is that there is no other phone on the market that can touch the 3Gs.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course the iPhone has more apps, it has been around longer. But just because it has all those apps doesn't mean they are all useful. While I understand that games are certainly nice to have, it is a phone first. I guess I'm the exception because I liked the keyboard. I've never been big on texting, but I have large hands which I figured would detract from the experience. I've used my roommates iPhone and honestly wasn't all that impressed, and I liked the Droid a lot better.

As far as your bottom line, the iPhone may be the most popular on the market but that doesn't mean it is the best for everyone. I'm buying a Droid because I like the Droid better, not because everyone says the iPhone is better. Different strokes for different folks.

Absolutely. To each their own.

Enjoy the Droid, Cheeseman42.

My beef is when people simply won't buy the iPhone because it is from Apple, and they can't stand Apple because they don't like Macs. Which is not only childish, but utterly ridiculous.

The iPhone is a better phone. Enough said.

The only thing holding it back from being in millions of more hands is AT&T, and that wart is going away next year. It will be interesting to see what takes place in the next couple of years. I know that Nvidia and ATI are both working on new mobile graphics processors that have been said to be able to play the likes of most modern FPS. But, I do agree with you. It's a phone first.

Edited by OCFreak

I'm still not seeing an answer to the question that Cheeseman asked.

If you don't have one, that's fine, just say so. But avoiding the subject like your doing sure makes you look like a fanboy. I want qualifiable and quantifiable facts, not feelings and opinions. "Nice" is not a data point. "The keyboard is .." is not a data point. Brightness, resolution, these are things that can be measured. "." is not a measurable specification.

I'm not trying to say the Droid is the "end all, be all", but there are certain areas where it is superior to the competition.

Edited by 94Camaro

That is an opinion OCFreak, its not exactly true.

I have an Ipod Touch, and sure its nice(Isn't Iphone just a bit fatter and an actual phone?) but I am starting to get annoyed when I clean the screen a few hours earlier and then its already totally screwed up again. I personally find actual keyboards better than virtual ones, but that is just my opinion.

My Touch Pro is a laggy and buggy POS at times but I wouldn't trade it for an Iphone. (and so you know WinMo has an app equivalent for all the useful iphone apps out there) Not to mention my phone's super moddable. Once the HTC Leo comes out and the hardware can match the software, I'll have more to brag about :D

I had to take a picture of some notes with my phone since my friend's Iphone's camera sucks and then I picture mailed it to him and he was like "ZOMG the quality's so much better"

Edited by IVIYTH0S

My beef is when people simply won't buy the iPhone because it is from Apple, and they can't stand Apple because they don't like Macs. Which is not only childish, but utterly ridiculous.

Thats funny, my beef is the people who buy the iPhone because it is from Apple and its the cool thing to have. :P

When I hear stories about 12 year olds and their iPhones it makes me seriously facepalm.

1. How many applications are their for the Droid? What is the game library like?

2. Regardless of all of the above the keyboard is still ..

3. I am no Apple fanboy, but the bottom line is that there is no other phone on the market that can touch the 3Gs.

4. The iPhone is a better phone. Enough said.

1. It just came out on a platform with a bright future and I don't buy a phone for its game library.

2. Still ".."? Many people prefer a physical keyboard.

3. Hmm. Ok.

4. Care to elaborate? I'm not saying the iPhone is a bad phone, in fact, it works grea. However, you have yet to present us any facts.

1. It just came out on a platform with a bright future and I don't buy a phone for its game library.

2. Still ".."? Many people prefer a physical keyboard.

3. Hmm. Ok.

4. Care to elaborate? I'm not saying the iPhone is a bad phone, in fact, it works grea. However, you have yet to present us any facts.

what i really wanna know is how long before this stuff is miniaturized enough to implant in my skull and hardwire to my cerebral cortex ?

then i'll be able to pay att or verison to use my own brainwaves for full screen gaming on my occipital lobe or thought pattern guided direct dialed global phone calls....everything directly downlinked via satelite to my optic chiasm and tympanic nerves from anywhere on the planet...

check out the recently released to dvd scifi movie "hardwired" ;)

what i really wanna know is how long before this stuff is miniaturized enough to implant in my skull and hardwire to my cerebral cortex ?

then i'll be able to pay att or verison to use my own brainwaves for full screen gaming on my occipital lobe or thought pattern guided direct dialed global phone calls....everything directly downlinked via satelite to my optic chiasm and tympanic nerves from anywhere on the planet...

check out the recently released to dvd scifi movie "hardwired" ;)

Ghost in the Shell has a pretty sweet version of what you're talking about :P

I'm still not seeing an answer to the question that Cheeseman asked.

If you don't have one, that's fine, just say so. But avoiding the subject like your doing sure makes you look like a fanboy. I want qualifiable and quantifiable facts, not feelings and opinions. "Nice" is not a data point. "The keyboard is .." is not a data point. Brightness, resolution, these are things that can be measured. "." is not a measurable specification.

I'm not trying to say the Droid is the "end all, be all", but there are certain areas where it is superior to the competition.

OK, I will ask my question again ...

Have you used the iPhone 3G and compared it directly to the Droid? Yes or no?

I have taken the time to do that, and do a fair comparison. The only advantage that the Droid has is that it is on a better network.

The brightness, especially in bright sunlight is the best I have ever seen on any device. Ever. Period.

Specifications are not everything. They are simply paper talk. No walk involved. It's no different than saying in most benchmarks a certain video card will beat another, and without looking at the gaming results, then deciding that it is the better card. You need real world experience. You need real world happenings. You need OPINIONS from the user at hand. NOT just specifications that say "Hey, this should be good!"

Oh, and the "Of course it has more Apps, it has been out way longer" is simply ridiculous. When the App Store launched they had almost 500 Apps that were download-ready, some of which again revolutionized the market. A year later from that time ... there are over 100,000 Apps available. You, me or anyone can download the SDK and get to work on something we want too.

I would LOVE to see the Droid do that.