Anyone get the Droid?

Capo

You can't tell me that phones with high technology don't interest you.

That's absurd. Phones with high technology don't interest a lot of people.

As far as your bottom line, the iPhone may be the most popular on the market but that doesn't mean it is the best for everyone. I'm buying a Droid because I like the Droid better, not because everyone says the iPhone is better.

That's the reason I tell everyone to go out and try the phones before making a choice. People run out and blindly buy without taking the time to actually look at the devices.

My beef is when people simply won't buy the iPhone because it is from Apple, and they can't stand Apple because they don't like Macs. Which is not only childish, but utterly ridiculous.

:withstupid:

I'm not trying to say the Droid is the "end all, be all", but there are certain areas where it is superior to the competition.

:withstupid:

You, me or anyone can download the SDK and get to work on something we want too.

Well that, and you need a Mac, which is a fact that most people tend to overlook. I think that says something, because there is an investment there.

You talk of revolutionary apps, and yet Android has a FREE turn by turn navigation app. A comparable one on the iPhone costs $100 last I checked. Also, can you get Google Voice on an iPhone?

Actually, the [free] Google Maps w/ Turn-by-Turn is coming to the iPhone. Google Voice is another story... and yes, it is available on the iPhone just not through the App store at this time, though hopefully the lawsuit with AT&T, Google, and Apple will change that.

The App Store approval process is also a pain for developers. Did you know the main developer for the Facebook app just quit because of Apples policies?

To me, that all really sounded like someone wanted to make a big scene. Sure, other developers have quit as well which is a clear indication that some things need to change... which is something Apple has acknowledged, and they've been working to release new tools for developers to ease the approval cycle pain. Keep in mind the number of apps Apple must have being thrown at it each day, validating and approving each app has got to be a PITA for them... something needs to change, but I couldn't being to tell you what.

It should be pointed out that the Facebook iPhone app is good, but it isn't the best app out there. Hopefully a change in developer will cause them to release a much better app.

And you forget that Windows Mobile is still here too <_<, just because HTC reuses the same stupid hardware on all their phones doesn't make WinMo a bad OS

Nobody cares about WinMo. :P

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't own any cell phone and have no plans to. I seldom even use the phone in the house. :unsure:

That's the reason I tell everyone to go out and try the phones before making a choice. People run out and blindly buy without taking the time to actually look at the devices.

Actually, the [free] Google Maps w/ Turn-by-Turn is coming to the iPhone. Google Voice is another story... and yes, it is available on the iPhone just not through the App store at this time, though hopefully the lawsuit with AT&T, Google, and Apple will change that.

There is no reason not to go try them out with how much they will cost you for the phone and over the life of the plan.

I didn't know that Apple was going to allow the GPS app on the iPhone, my b.

+1

That's me. I'm sorta in the same case as Phil. Only, I don't have a home phone, so, I have a cell phone. If only they made them simple and robust. Ugh.

I'm probably gonna switch to month-to-month, and try to find a good phone. The less moving parts, the better.

Nobody cares about WinMo. :P

I was referring to people who use netbooks, as phones get faster and more useful. I'm sure these people would be interested in them.

I care about WinMo because I can mod my phone to all hell, get all the same useful applications and don't have to water the evil orchard to have a solid OS. All my phone needs is a good processor, if it had decent hardware than I'd see nothing the iphone has over my phone. (barring screen size, in which case TP2 or Leo shall change that)

I was referring to people who use netbooks, as phones get faster and more useful. I'm sure these people would be interested in them.

I care about WinMo because I can mod my phone to all hell, get all the same useful applications and don't have to water the evil orchard to have a solid OS. All my phone needs is a good processor, if it had decent hardware than I'd see nothing the iphone has over my phone. (barring screen size, in which case TP2 or Leo shall change that)

I'm still not sure what everyones problem with WinMo is. Its a stable OS its not like you get a barrage of mobile based BSODs ever or have issues. Its a little clunky still I'll admit but its easy enough for me to use and there are plenty of custom images and freeware apps out there for it. Besides WinMo 7 is supposed to be M$'s new ace much like its Windows 7 counterpart. < Did I mention I can't wait for WinMo 7 lol.

The hate comes from pre 6.1 sucking donkey balls in terms of performance and usability. WinMo isn't nearly as user friendly as the iPhone OS or Android, hence why it's reviled and relegated hardcore users and corporate users, the majority of whom are forced to use the devices their companies provide.

The hate comes from pre 6.1 sucking donkey balls in terms of performance and usability. WinMo isn't nearly as user friendly as the iPhone OS or Android, hence why it's reviled and relegated hardcore users and corporate users, the majority of whom are forced to use the devices their companies provide.

It's probably HTC's TouchFlo interface thrown on top but 6.5 is awesome to me, and the clunkiness CompXpert was referring to was no doubt attributed to no company putting solid hardware behind a WinMo product <_<

Shtuff shall change with the Leo :)

It's probably HTC's TouchFlo interface thrown on top but 6.5 is awesome to me, and the clunkiness CompXpert was referring to was no doubt attributed to no company putting solid hardware behind a WinMo product <_<

Shtuff shall change with the Leo :)

Yeah HTC is doing awesome stuff with WinMo

Yeah HTC is doing awesome stuff with WinMo

Though one part of that is the "awesome" amount of Touch Pros that are defective lol. I heard my phone has the highest defect rate of any phone in the market. (I hear alot of horror stories in the ppocketpc forums I'm apart of). Alot of keyboard issues mainly, luckily if mine fails I can trade up to a Touch Pro 2 at no cost to me :). (what sucks though is this policy started a week after I traded in my Touch Pro for it's keyboard failure) I'm counting the days and hoping that this one will also end up with the inevitable keyboard failure. Though I must admit the battery life on this replacement seems alot better some how

i knew what you meant ivi...tell ya what, if ever both my cellphone and my netbook are rendered useless or hoplessly outmoded at the same time i will opt for a newage smartphone of some kind. but right now i must bow down before phil and his sidekick crazy_nate my new gods of serenity because in truth i hate the electronic leash and turn it off whenever it's not needed. like right now, not on the job, don't need phone...

but maybe someday.... B:)