Capo

Anyone get the Droid?

Just curious if anyone here has gotten the droid yet? If so, how do you like it? What's the good and the bad?

Just curious if anyone here has gotten the droid yet? If so, how do you like it? What's the good and the bad?

i haven't personally but 2 of my coworkers are all gaga about theirs. near as i can tell it's the newest best thing since rolled toilet paper...

all i need a phone for is to make phone calls but i guess some folks need lots more from their phones... B:)

I heard the battery life leaves much to be desired

It's actually about on par with other smartphones. The only people who are complaining are those who are coming from regular handsets where the battery lasts for days, but those who have owned several smartphones know how quickly the battery drains with regular use.

I played with one in the store this past weekend but it's not worth an extra $40 a month to me to have a "nifty" phone.

I was sort of interested in the new Moment from Samsung but it's keyboard looks kiddie and I don't like the layout

Samsung-Moment-cell-phone-7.jpg

I'm itching to mess with Android, as much as I like Windows mobile

Edited by IVIYTH0S

That Samsung definitely looks like a kiddie phone. I'd suggest looking into the more adult Android phones :P

That Samsung definitely looks like a kiddie phone. I'd suggest looking into the more adult Android phones :P

I'm most looking forward to the Leo and whatever Android spin off HTC makes for it. Then I'll decide whether I'll leave Windows mobile or not. I also will be waiting for a Leo with a full keyboard. (I still have yet to cash in my Touch Pro for a free Touch Pro 2)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I'd take one if it shows time stamps next to the date on texts, this stupid windows mobile 6 phone doesn't. (though I wouldn't really because I can't afford an android)

I'd take one if it shows time stamps next to the date on texts, this stupid windows mobile 6 phone doesn't. (though I wouldn't really because I can't afford an android)

yeah you're right, I've never noticed that beyond the day you're in it won't classify the change of day. I'm running 6.5 too, and they still didn't change that.

My wife and I currently use iPhone 3Gs and love them, for obvious reasons.

I went to Best Buy the other day, I believe that day before the launch of the Droid, to test it out and see what it was all about. My thoughts:

1. It feels cheap

2. The screen isn't as nice

3. The keyboard is absolutely horrendous to type on

4. I like the style of it, much better than the iPhone

5. Not nearly enough to make me want it more than an iPhone

My wife and I currently use iPhone 3Gs and love them, for obvious reasons.

I went to Best Buy the other day, I believe that day before the launch of the Droid, to test it out and see what it was all about. My thoughts:

1. It feels cheap

2. The screen isn't as nice

3. The keyboard is absolutely horrendous to type on

4. I like the style of it, much better than the iPhone

5. Not nearly enough to make me want it more than an iPhone

is that 3G's or 3GS. Big difference :)