Anyone get the Droid?

Capo

i guess i'm just old but coming from and age when we had to share a phone line with our neighbors and calls were limited to 5 minutes for personal business(did i mention rotary dial phones were as big as a cat) this entire thread seems so ridiculously over the top that i think the world has gone utterly mad....

the only reason i have a phone at all is so that my wife or other loved ones can contact me if they need to, you know in case of emergency or just to say i love you.

but this unfortunately allows my boss to contact me too even when i'm off work. so now my boss has my number to my phone that i pay for so he can access me like i'm on his "electronic leash" and the only time i feel true peace of mind is when it's turned off and then of course the sheila can't get ahold of me. (so now the bastid is on facebook and wants me to add him as a friend :lol: )

so i guess because of my generation and upbringing i have a hard time with the idea that anybody needs to be so interconnected to everyone in the world all the time 24/7 and have the world at their fingertips. BS...!

save your money, unplug the bluetooth, turn that crap off and go outside and play....don't bother coming in 'till the street lights come on....

...and for god's sake unplug from the idea that you have to have every new little techno goodie that comes along....it's not that flippin important...!! unless you're a leader of an international conglomerate or a president of country you don't need all that electronic gadgetry strapped to you hip....it may give you a big ol' ego boost to have others think you're so "needed" but the truth is few people really wanna know what you're doin 24/7

get a grip for chrissake....let go of all the distractions....!!

and have a nice day :D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess i'm just old but coming from and age when we had to share a phone line with our neighbors and calls were limited to 5 minutes for personal business(did i mention rotary dial phones were as big as a cat) this entire thread seems so ridiculously over the top that i think the world has gone utterly mad....

the only reason i have a phone at all is so that my wife or other loved ones can contact me if they need to, you know in case of emergency or just to say i love you.

but this unfortunately allows my boss to contact me too even when i'm off work. so now my boss has my number to my phone that i pay for so he can access me like i'm on his "electronic leash" and the only time i feel true peace of mind is when it's turned off and then of course the sheila can't get ahold of me. (so now the bastid is on facebook and wants me to add him as a friend :lol: )

so i guess because of my generation and upbringing i have a hard time with the idea that anybody needs to be so interconnected to everyone in the world all the time 24/7 and have the world at their fingertips. BS...!

save your money, unplug the bluetooth, turn that crap off and go outside and play....don't bother coming in 'till the street lights come on....

...and for god's sake unplug from the idea that you have to have every new little techno goodie that comes along....it's not that flippin important...!! unless you're a leader of an international conglomerate or a president of country you don't need all that electronic gadgetry strapped to you hip....it may give you a big ol' ego boost to have others think you're so "needed" but the truth is few people really wanna know what you're doin 24/7

get a grip for chrissake....let go of all the distractions....!!

and have a nice day :D

You can't tell me that phones with high technology don't interest you. My phone's like a mini computer. I don't have to lug my huge laptop around anymore. (this post was responded to via my Touch Pro phone ;))

I didn't say the screen wasn't nice ... I said it wasn't AS NICE as the iPhone 3Gs.

The Droid has a slightly bigger screen (3.7 inch vs 3.5) and a higher resolution (480x854 vs 480x320). What exactly is better about the iPhone screen?

The Droid has a slightly bigger screen (3.7 inch vs 3.5) and a higher resolution (480x854 vs 480x320). What exactly is better about the iPhone screen?

Brightness, contrast, and touch sensitivity I would guess. I wasn't horribly impressed with the Droid either (but as I've said, I have little interest in any smartphones).

Brightness, contrast, and touch sensitivity I would guess. I wasn't horribly impressed with the Droid either (but as I've said, I have little interest in any smartphones).

it's all just unnecessary bling for me since i don't need any of the goodies that are included, including the bill.....i could finance a cruise or make a car payment for what some are paying for idroid blingphone services...

it's like spending money you don't have, to buy caca you don't need, to impress people you don't know or really like anyway...

...whatever happened to working while at work, studying while at school, and driving while driving instead of texting....google is a cool tool to have when you're studying for an exam and i can see using a phone for information gathering if there are no other resources available but i have a notebook for that and it gets the free wifi from my school net. all that jazz is cool and some folks may indeed genuinely need it all that stuff but it seems to me like 95% of the time it's just a case of buying stuff to appear hip, slick and cool....

which of course i already am...!! hahaha B:)

That's surprising considering you like netbooks.

I liked netbooks until I see how fast smartphones are evolving and can handle ALOT while fitting in your pocket

what you say is true ivi..!! i already have a phone...

cya gotta go to wErK now...

asta amigo....!!

That's surprising considering you like netbooks.

My 9" EeePC is as small as I would go for something that I ever want to do actual work on. I wrote a 25 page report in MikTex on it this week and I challenge you to try to do that on a phone. :lol:

Netbooks are tiny laptops...smartphones are just overgrown phones. ;)

Waco ... you are correct. There are so many other factors that make the iPhone screen MUCH better. It's like saying a 10 megapixel camera is better than a 12 megapixel camera.

Just because you do not like Apple as a whole, does not mean that they currently don't make the best phone device out there.

There is no other phone that has EVER done what the iPhone has done for the market. It is a revolutionary piece, like it or not. The only bad thing about it is the AT&T service, but that is changing soon.

Waco ... you are correct. There are so many other factors that make the iPhone screen MUCH better. It's like saying a 10 megapixel camera is better than a 12 megapixel camera.

Just because you do not like Apple as a whole, does not mean that they currently don't make the best phone device out there.

There is no other phone that has EVER done what the iPhone has done for the market. It is a revolutionary piece, like it or not. The only bad thing about it is the AT&T service, but that is changing soon.

It's true if the Iphone didn't come out I'd still be running hideous windows mobile 6.1 which means stylus night and day but since the iphone came out the phones are getting much more finger friendly

Though i really think they ought to beef up the Iphone's resolution a bit, my Touch Pro's screen is tiny but it's so crisp since it has a really good resolution for the size ( 480x640 on a 2.8") and the Iphone is 320

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Care to list some of those factors? Because I know it's not any of the things Waco listed...

On a related note... http://xkcd.com/662/ :lol: Don't forget to read the hover text.