I love Verizon!

Waco

I just bought a Samsung Sway a few months back and the screen went out on it a few weeks ago (apparently this is a common problem).

Verizon swapped out my phone 60 days past the return period for a brand new enV3! :blink: The Sway is a $90 phone, the enV3 is a $350 phone! They didn't charge me a restocking fee either...so basically they ate nearly $400 in charges to keep me happy. That, my friends, is damn good customer service. :D

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought a Samsung Sway a few months back and the screen went out on it a few weeks ago (apparently this is a common problem).

Verizon swapped out my phone 60 days past the return period for a brand new enV3! :blink: The Sway is a $90 phone, the enV3 is a $350 phone! They didn't charge me a restocking fee either...so basically they ate nearly $400 in charges to keep me happy. That, my friends, is damn good customer service. :D

:lol: i love samsung ...:D your lucky dave ;)

i have been using nokia since 2000 , 3410 ..etc

i have never used samsung or lg or motorolla

siemens too , but i think my next phone will be samsung now i am using n95 8gigs :D

-1 for Sony Erricson.

Last 2 have been slow as hell.

Had an Original N95 from day dot. then went to my current C905

N95 is SOOOO much snappier. I'ma get myself an N900/equivilant Nokia smartphone come July when my contract is up.

Yes... Verizon was awesome with me as well... I had switched from Alltel back in June because Alltel wasn't working with me on some issues regarding my Crackferry. So I jumped ship and Verizon is where I ended up. I got 4 new phones as well. After 2-3 months dropped calls, having to run outside to answer the phone and numerous calls to them, they ended up sending a vehicle into my neighborhood to run tests. They called me back and said that signal in my area was not good enough, even though their initial readings were good, so they told me to switch back to Alltel until their merger was complete. They even said since THEY were the ones telling me to switch back, they weren't charging me the early disconnection fees for my phones and I could just keep them as well.

I went down to the local Verizon store (their merger was done so they were actually a Verizon store that was still doing Alltel stuff as well) and the sales guy didn't want to bother helping me reactivate my old Alltel phones. He was pretty insistant on me getting new ones. I refused and told him to just reactivate my old ones and I'd get new phones once all the Alltel and Verizon towers were merged.

He went into some schpeel about how reactivating the old phones would just bring back the problems I was having because he'd have to update my phones firmware. I informed him that I had just talked to the technician about that and the tech said I would not have to. His reply to that was "Well... the techs will usually tell you anything just to get you off the phone"... I made a little scene about that with other customers in the store (lots of them) and the manager girl was staring at me as well as him with a not-so-pleased look. I walked out and ended up calling Alltel back on the phone. The tech on the phone spend over an hour getting my numbers ported back WITHOUT updating the firmware on my phones and everything worked fantastic. I ended up telling my friend Chris, who worked at that store about the problem with the other sales guy and what he had said to me about their own technicians. All he would say was "That's noooooot good... I'll take care of it"

The downside was that we'd now have to transfer all the NEW phone lists back into the old phones. I went back down to the store 2 days later. The same jerk was there and he just looked at me, but said nothing. The manager girl came out of the office and met me in mid store and asked to help me. I told her I needed my phone lists and pictures transferred back to the old phones and she did that herself. Normally it would have been a $15 per phone, but she said there was going to be no charge due to the problems I had had... :huh::lol:

Verizon has since taken over all the towers in my area as well as my neighborhood and the reception has been fantastic. I've had maybe 2 dropped calls since then and they were more than likely from the other end. Verizon DOES take care of it's customers.

I grew up with a shpit load of nokias and then got a Sanyo (horrible phone, by horrible people), then an LG Muziq which was nice but I put it in the microwave and blew up the speaker, I then got a samsung upstage and it was the most reliable phone ever and I still have it but now I'm rocking an HTC Touch Pro which has amazing functionality just wish it was a little spunkier, my next phone will either be an HTC Leo or maybe I'll go Android (HTC Sense).

Edited by IVIYTH0S