nVidia is trying to shoot down the Hydra...

Waco

*sigh*

just because they can't say it doesn't automatically make it true. all that's happened so far is that the first hydra board has been delayed because according to MSI the drivers aren't ready yet.

yeah I guess I'll TRY to remain neutral about this, I hope come Q1 the lucid comes out and frees us from poor scaling and vendor specific setups

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

according to MSI the drivers aren't ready yet.

True, but Lucid says otherwise and there haven't been any rumors of problems at all.

I'm skeptical but I hope it's not nVidia trying to do something sneaky.

*sigh*

just because they can't say it doesn't automatically make it true. all that's happened so far is that the first hydra board has been delayed because according to MSI the drivers aren't ready yet.

But Hydra says everything is ready.

abodaghoadg <- the result makes no sense.

Hydra is having problems with the mixed setup.

And that for 2 months already.

Nvidia has other more pressing problems than trying to block Hydra, and is also in no position against motherboard manufacturers to do so.

Nvidia is considering a new approach, since SLI is not the way forward for their CPU/GPU hybrid cards (at least not for the top range ones).

Hydra is having problems with the mixed setup.

And that for 2 months already.

Nvidia has other more pressing problems than trying to block Hydra, and is also in no position against motherboard manufacturers to do so.

Nvidia is considering a new approach, since SLI is not the way forward for their CPU/GPU hybrid cards (at least not for the top range ones).

obviously not enough pressing problems to take time to disable physx when ati cards are detected :rolleyes:

obviously not enough pressing problems to take time to disable physx when ati cards are detected :rolleyes:

Well, they do not profess deep love for ATI; and being a little naughty... well, look at Batman game... ;)

I think that the main reason lies in tessellation; ATI's glory DX11 hardware takes a 50% hit when enabled. Tessellation is one of the main things if you're buying new cards.

Nvidia probably does not want that 5870 buyers salvage their bad investment with their CPU/GPU hybrid. "If they are ATI enthusiast or opportunists then let them be, till the bitter end" NVidia would say.

Edited by Digitalis

I think that the main reason lies in tessellation; ATI's glory DX11 hardware takes a 50% hit when enabled.

That's not true. Tessellation is faster than rendering the old way when rendering the same scene. It's only "slower" in the Heaven benchmark because the whole thing runs at the minimum quality level for meshes when tessellation is disabled.

MSI obviously thinks it isn't ready enough.

What's thought and written could be completely different. Then again, it could be the same; most of this is speculation. However, why would MSI want bad PR with NVidia, whose GPU's they sell

Edited by ekiM

That's not true. Tessellation is faster than rendering the old way when rendering the same scene. It's only "slower" in the Heaven benchmark because the whole thing runs at the minimum quality level for meshes when tessellation is disabled.

Before putting yourself in the judgement of truth, it might be advisable to discern between:

-technological discussion which rendering method is faster and better

-what effort (GPU power) does a certain quality of image require to render

Tessellation was not discovered with DX11 hardware, so your conclusion on behalf of implementation is above common logic.

Before putting yourself in the judgement of truth, it might be advisable to discern between:

-technological discussion which rendering method is faster and better

-what effort (GPU power) does a certain quality of image require to render

Tessellation was not discovered with DX11 hardware, so your conclusion on behalf of implementation is above common logic.

I can't understand what you're trying to say? I'm thinking the same thing as Waco, tessellation renders faster what are you trying to say with this line "what effort (GPU power) does a certain quality of image require to render" are you saying tessellation doesn't look as good? Also what the heck are you trying to say with "so your conclusion on behalf of implementation is above common logic," "Before putting yourself in the judgement of truth" Stop speaking in riddle.