Some more bad news for potential MW2 PC buyers

WhenKittensATK

Made a new topic, because the other MW2 topics are kinda bloated by now.

This was an interview with the MW2 Dev Team

http://www.tek-9.org/news/mw2_developer_ch..._news-2115.html

Summary (PC version):

• No developer console (To ensure balance in the game. No changing FOV and other options.)
  • Matches are only 9vs9 (This isn't bad, but if you got a big clan. It may cause some issues.)
  • No leaning (I don't think there was any leaning before. Not that I remember. So no ill effect here.)
  • Still no plans to add dedicated servers
  • IWnet claims to be about the usability and experience, not protecting against piracy. (Leaked on 360, weeks ago. Probably how there are all those gameplay leaks :P)
  • No option to kick out players from ranked matches (If they get past VAC, there is no stopping them. IW says they plan to ban them from the game, but idk how they can when no one can kick them and VAC doesn't either.)
  • No plans for demo for PC (They are still working on the game. Seriously still working on this fail of a version.)
  • No mod tools at launch (Hasn't been discussed they are focusing on releasing the game. Meaning they might not do it at all.)

Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?

Mackey-IW: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

What he means is Yes! its a direct port.

What kinds of pings did you get during your IWNet testing and what do you say is an acceptable ping?

Mackey-IW: I've been playing mainly with around 100ms ping and it was great.

I've played in servers with 100 ping before. It's playable and you can still own like you could at 30-40 ping.

Lucky for me I'll be playing on the 360 anyways. No harm no done for 360 version that is already planned out to be like this.

Edited by Krazyxazn

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT? NO CONSOLE? how to edit your fps?/fov/ EVERYTHING! WHAT THE .! I am getting more and more pissed. This just made my new favorite game Assassins Creed 2. ..

Edited by Jump4h

No leaning? I lean all the time in COD4!

So there was leaning in CoD 4. Been awhile since I last played it.

The only upgrade I see from MW2 from CoD 4 worthwhile is the saving of profiles online. Other than that, it seems to have lost everything else.

mw2b.jpg

Edited by Krazyxazn

This is really disappointing. I want to play this game so bad, but I can't play multiplayer on a console. It sucks as there really isn't anything we can do about it either...

I want these features, but I can't fathom buying the game after all that has happened with the PC version and lack of respect towards the PC community.

What can be done?

[*]No leaning (I don't think there was any leaning before. Not that I remember. So no ill effect here.)

What's the point of including stuff to hide behind if you can't lean?

$60 for a good single player game... hell no, i know where ill be getting my MW2 single player...

Same here

What's the point of including stuff to hide behind if you can't lean?

:withstupid: