Some more bad news for potential MW2 PC buyers

WhenKittensATK

Why cant we just make a COD4 total conversion MOD for MW2? It IS possible with enough time and effort put in :mellow:

Edit: afterall, thats how i first got a taste of halo 2/3 A group made a total conversion Using halo CE and it had halo 3 armor, weapons and even vehicles :)

Edited by SenitaL

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am hoping that someone will be able to mod / hack the game for servers. You know every community modder will be looking to do this once the game is released... It should be possible, that alone should give IW motivation to get on releasing an official patch.

If they want to keep IW.net going fine, but at least give the player the option to play on servers or use match making.

Hell keep ranked matches on IW.net for all I care, I just want the option to play on a server.

No leaning? I lean all the time in COD4! They're really screwing us PC users here with all these letdowns. Come on Infinity Ward, don't turn into Treyarch now.

Trayarch? CoD WaW was way better than CoD 4 IMO. Maps were bigger so less nade noobs. And it was pretty much just a cod 4 in WW2 era.

This is not just against you, but what is up with you guys not liking CoD WaW? More guns and way bigger maps. All that you wanted, yet you still say it sucks <_<

Anyways, I lost interest in the Multiplayer of CoD MW2 a long time ago, Single player looks really fun.

Edit: You can already illegally download MW2, it was already leaked. Go suck dick IW, no one likes you anymore. Most people will probably just download it and not even buy it, bahahhaha IW.

Edited by Darkfuneral1337

Hell keep ranked matches on IW.net for all I care, I just want the option to play on a server.

most likely someone will add server support, and everyone will pirate the game and play online for free.

mutual respect is pretty much the only thing that keeps a lot of people from pirating games, now that's out the window, in fact it's pretty much become insulting. wouldn't surprise me to hear that activision have pushed IW into this in order to intentionally destroy the PC COD community. give it a couple years and activision might even stop releasing on PC.

Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?

Mackey-IW: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

L .. M .. F .. A .. O

Wow we have Custom stuff like mouse control and text chat :O OMG and we even get graphics settings, NO WAY!!!

Sorry but iv'e seen big booboo lies from developers over my time as a gamer, but This tops everything.. The people over at IW are drunk with imaginative Power, Remember IW - WE are what makes YOU, Without US YOU are nothing. This applys to Every Software company on the planet, Even you microsoft. Your reply was perhaps THE MOST incompetent, Pathetic, Blunt piece of Bull. i have ever heard. And let me make clear that i Play on Both Consoles AND PC, and was never even looking forward to This game in the first place, so im hardly a little PC gamer sulking in the corner, or a CoD Fanboy on a rouge tantrum. You Clearly have forgotten your heritage, because we all know that it was PC gamers that made the CoD series what it is, i think you should take a good long hard look at yourselves, perhaps the PC gaming community will rebel against you and Pirate the Balls of your new game.. will you then just refuse to make PC games blaming piracy? or will you THEN realise that it was directly because of your actions? because in my eyes (as an outsiders point of Veiw) you have lost the Respect of Many PC gamers. Thats all i have to say really :shrug:

Edited by SenitaL

i don't play FPS multiplayer ever so it really doesn't bother me... maybe they are sick of people taking apart their software and are giving everyone the shaft?

theres no reason to boycott or not to buy. because if you don't like its been said, they most likely will stop alltogether making it for PC, and then because someone couldnt change the options to help them not suck as much , it gets driven into the ground.

this all stems from the same reason i stopped playing diablo 2 online, bobbafett's hack came out and ruined the online experience completely,

alot of software companies don't like having to deal with that.

let people mod them on their consoles and get blacklisted, not as easy with PC when you don't even need to buy the game to play it online..

id be pretty upset too if i made that game, watching people DL it, crack it, then hack it and wreck havoc on people playing legit

-edit- to above^^..

selling over 1million copies to USA for XBOX360 alone, IW doesn't need to even make it for PC. don't bite the hand that feeds you, or eventually you will starve

-edit- ^ if steamworks is trojan, then what is DRM? or securRom

Edited by cirro

If IW doesn't care and chooses not to make anymore PC games that's fine with me. They chose to remove the essential components of what seemed to be the center of PC multiplayer gaming. The customers choose to boycott and that's within very good reasons. I'm not a huge fan of CoD, but I did enjoy CoD 4 for a few weeks before I lost interest. If DICE ever did something like this to the PC version of Battlefield, I would be leading the boycott myself. But they already clearly stated they won't.

MW2 isn't the only AAA multiplayer shooter on the PC. Nor will it be missed or cared for. I will however enjoy the story and co-op mode on the 360. I'll have to give the multiplayer a few runs, last I remember there wasn't as much grenade spam on the 360 than on the PC version. Own CoD 4 for both.

Anyways Bad Company 2 beta should be starting sometime this month, if not delayed. I believe PS3 get's first dibs on the multiplayer beta, then 360 and PC early next year.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Trayarch? CoD WaW was way better than CoD 4 IMO. Maps were bigger so less nade noobs. And it was pretty much just a cod 4 in WW2 era.

This is not just against you, but what is up with you guys not liking CoD WaW? More guns and way bigger maps. All that you wanted, yet you still say it sucks <_<

Anyways, I lost interest in the Multiplayer of CoD MW2 a long time ago, Single player looks really fun.

Edit: You can already illegally download MW2, it was already leaked. Go suck dick IW, no one likes you anymore. Most people will probably just download it and not even buy it, bahahhaha IW.

i luv COD WAW, COD4 is only fun for me for it's 6 hour campaign

on a side note, i wonder if anyone on Infinity Ward's staff have seen Fight Club

Edited by molotovdaskwerl

I've played all the cod series on pc to date. I am..... WAS. Going to buy MW2. Hahahahaha now its just a joke. I will no longer support the title. And I will stick to 4. I might checkout op flashpoint. But I will be looking foward to bfbc2.

Down with the failures of IW. I honestly believe when they see just how many people do not buy this game they will be shocked. I signed the petition I think everyone should. And then support it by not buying the game. If 3/4 of pc gamers do not buy this title that will hit the pocket. The single player might get played for free but I will not support their actions. Sorry. Screw iw. If they do make another one I'm hoiping they learn from their mistake

PC should always have advantage as it is superior to any noob consol. I don't even like COD...I just thought I'd say it though because they are not putting enough work into PC games, and not taking them seriously. What a bunch of noobs...they can have theyr noob cod and noob consols and what not...There was like a...minute a while back...when I though..."hey this might actually be a decent...game...maybe these aren't as big of noobs as I might have though" Then Epic Battle Axe on gametrailers.com talked about mw2...and I was then like "....go . urselves noobs....I can't believe I got suckered in."