Buying Online, build suggestion

mdd31

I am putting together a new build and based on my last thread it seems like I need to do some more research to make sure I am getting the most for my money. I am looking to buy a complete build (not piecing a machine together) and wanted to get some advice on a good online seller.

I found Cyberpower Inc which seemed good http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

Does anyone have any experience with them?

I want to build a gaming PC and would like to stay around $1500. I want the machine to be able to handle all of the latest titles with ease and be able to do so for at least a couple years.

Here is a machine that caught my eye and seemed to have many of the features I am looking for. Any opinions? Is there some excess on here that I don't really need? Maybe something that could be removed to save a few bucks?

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/CyberPo...ty_8800_Pro_SE/

Thanks for any suggestions!! Just want a good build that will last me a few years.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cyberdruid on OCN is tied into that somehow...maybe owner not sure but they are a legit place if thats what you mean...

I thought cyberdruid was associated with cyberdruidpc or something like that? Maybe I'm wrong, I haven't been over to OCN in a while.

I'll build one for you

Will it be "open air", like yours? :ph34r: Ah, I like building 'em too. The money saved is always nice :)

Our IT manager bought one of Cyberpower's high dollar "gaming" laptops last year and he has been really happy with it.

That being said, I'd never pay anyone to build me a high performance gaming rig. You could do a lot more for a lot less by DIY :)

I thought cyberdruid was associated with cyberdruidpc or something like that? Maybe I'm wrong, I haven't been over to OCN in a while.

Will it be "open air", like yours? :ph34r: Ah, I like building 'em too. The money saved is always nice :)

you maybe right Nate...hard to keep up with the Jone's...

If you are looking to save a few bucks of that PC definitely down grade to the i7 920 from the 950 and overclock it a little with a different heat sink than that cheapo liquid cooling set up they have. I would also put in $10 into a mobo like the gigabyte board. Spend a bit extra on the corsair 650 watt PSU as to have a really high quality efficient PSU that is from a more reputable company.

As the others have said, why not build your own and save a few bucks that way?

If you are looking to save a few bucks of that PC definitely down grade to the i7 920 from the 950 and overclock it a little with a different heat sink than that cheapo liquid cooling set up they have. I would also put in $10 into a mobo like the gigabyte board. Spend a bit extra on the corsair 650 watt PSU as to have a really high quality efficient PSU that is from a more reputable company.

As the others have said, why not build your own and save a few bucks that way?

I have never built a computer before and think the risk of me messing it up and having a broken device is much greater than the few dollars I might save!

OVERCLOCK: Extreme OC (Extreme Overclock 20% or more) [+90]

LOL I'll charge you only $89 dollars to overclock you 30% :rolleyes: (anyone could do that with the auto overclock function on 9/10 motherboards that have OC'n capability

seriously if you're too nervous to build the machine yourself I'll do it.

Another LOL at a 5750 magically becoming as expensive as a 4870

Edited by IVIYTH0S

LOL I'll charge you only $89 dollars to overclock you 30% :rolleyes: (anyone could do that with the auto overclock function on 9/10 motherboards that have OC'n capability

seriously if you're too nervous to build the machine yourself I'll do it.

Another LOL at a 5750 magically becoming as expensive as a 4870

Screw that I'll pay him $50 to let me build his rig at that price