Buying Online, build suggestion

mdd31

The man wants a prebuilt and he's not going to change his decision just because you parade into his thread with your money saving techniques. :P

That said, the actual build is nice and it's going to be playing your games for a long time to come. The only things I would change is the case; I have never heard of AZZA and would go with any of these cases from their website:

Coolermaster Scout

Coolermaster Cosmos

NZXT M59

Thermaltake Element T

Thermaltake Element S

Now, it may be due to my ignorance that I've never heard of AZZA, but I can guarantee you that most people here won't have a problem with the cases I suggested. All of them are going to give you great cooling, and I'd suggest that you pick one of the listed cases based on looks & price. (There are also a few others such as the Corsair Obsidian, but they're VERY expensive).

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The man wants a prebuilt and he's not going to change his decision just because you parade into his thread with your money saving techniques. :P

That said, the actual build is nice and it's going to be playing your games for a long time to come. The only things I would change is the case; I have never heard of AZZA and would go with any of these cases from their website:

Coolermaster Scout

Coolermaster Cosmos

NZXT M59

Thermaltake Element T

Thermaltake Element S

Now, it may be due to my ignorance that I've never heard of AZZA, but I can guarantee you that most people here won't have a problem with the cases I suggested. All of them are going to give you great cooling, and I'd suggest that you pick one of the listed cases based on looks & price. (There are also a few others such as the Corsair Obsidian, but they're VERY expensive).

the azza 1000 is a nice case as i recall, and if he is going to get jipped on a prebuilt i'm going to try to help him.

Edited by xchrissypoox

Man, I lost 1000$ buying a built PC from a retailer. 3 years ago when I needed a new PC, I didn't know anyone who I could trust...I got busy and did research and even then I ended up with a PC that was supposed to be like `650-700$ but I (my mom) payed 1000$. It's not that bad but it's simply overpriced because I bought it built from a store. After that for half a year until this august I had been doing more learning and reading (still do) about Pc's and the one that I have right now...I think is well worth what I payed.

Of course if you don't wanna waste time with this, go ahead with the built PC, but you could always learn how to build one if you have the time.

I have never built a computer before and think the risk of me messing it up and having a broken device is much greater than the few dollars I might save!

MDD -

You are a member of OCC, there isn't any way that we would let you screw up a new build. While I understand your trepidation, I also know that a DIY rig isn't as difficult as some people would have you believe. Hell for $1600 we could help you build a rig that would kick the crap out of that Cyberpower build. And in fact, could help you build a rig that would kick the crap out of the Cyberpower build for a lot less money. Just post up here in "New Build" recommend parts and watch the amount of feedback you get.

Please don't throw your money away. I'm not knocking Cyberpower, but I just know that we could help you build a whole hell of a lot nicer system for a lot less money.

Think about it.

In fact, post up your locale and I'll bet you'll find some experienced system builders around here that would do a build for you parts + next to nothing labor + shipping. Of course there won't be any fancy warranty other than that offered by the hardware mfgs. but so what. Honestly, if you have to have warranty work you're gonna be out a rig for several weeks anyway.

Edited by wevsspot

MDD -

You are a member of OCC, there isn't any way that we would let you screw up a new build. While I understand your trepidation, I also know that a DIY rig isn't as difficult as some people would have you believe. Hell for $1600 we could help you build a rig that would kick the crap out of that Cyberpower build. And in fact, could help you build a rig that would kick the crap out of the Cyberpower build for a lot less money. Just post up here in "New Build" recommend parts and watch the amount of feedback you get.

Please don't throw your money away. I'm not knocking Cyberpower, but I just know that we could help you build a whole hell of a lot nicer system for a lot less money.

Think about it.

In fact, post up your locale and I'll bet you'll find some experienced system builders around here that would do a build for you parts + next to nothing labor + shipping. Of course there won't be any fancy warranty other than that offered by the hardware mfgs. but so what. Honestly, if you have to have warranty work you're gonna be out a rig for several weeks anyway.

:withstupid:

I was going to build a computer for an OCC member in north jersey but he backed out.

There's some great advice in the few posts above, but if you REALLY want to stick with the pre-built, just ditch the "Extreme OC" and you're good to go

Edited by Zertz

mdd31

I understand that the idea of building a PC can be intimidating but these guys made it

easy for me a few months ago.

With quality parts and the manuals that come with them it's almost foolproof. The

computer in my signature was my first build and I was done in 90 minutes with the

help of these people and a copy of Maximum PC :) Really....the worst that could happen is that you take the box of parts to your locale PC Repair guy and let him put

it together <- you'll still end up with a better machine.

I've owned allot of computers and the one I just built is the best one by far and cheaper than most I'd bought in the past. ok, ok I'll quit blowing smoke....either way

you go these guys can help. Good luck with your purchase

Great replies!

I have to admit that you guys almost have me convinced I can do it myself! I have no doubt I can acquire all the parts I need with your help. It is the step by step install that has me unsure.

It would feel good to build my own computer. For most of you building a computer is no big deal but as someone with no tech skills it would be a pretty huge accomplishment!

The challenge for all of you would be to see if you could help a total newb build up a PC from scratch!! Saving enough money to buy a monitor or upgrade in another area would be sweet!

mdd31 - i speak for myself and a bunch of other OCC members around here. we will walk you through the whole process. just tell us whether you'd like to go Intel or AMD and let us know what the primary uses of your rig will be i.e. gaming, decoding/encoding, work, cruising the internet, email etc. and we can get you going.

Edited by wevsspot

Great replies!

I have to admit that you guys almost have me convinced I can do it myself! I have no doubt I can acquire all the parts I need with your help. It is the step by step install that has me unsure.

It would feel good to build my own computer. For most of you building a computer is no big deal but as someone with no tech skills it would be a pretty huge accomplishment!

The challenge for all of you would be to see if you could help a total newb build up a PC from scratch!! Saving enough money to buy a monitor or upgrade in another area would be sweet!

Honestly, it's REALLY easy, I assembled my first PC when I was 13, and it's running nice and fine to this day.

The hardest part is picking the parts, but you have us to help you!