23" Samsung 219.99 at newegg

davidst

I just looked at one of those at a local Best Buy.. The screen is great, but the stand itself is crap. The slightest wiggle on your desk will turn that screen into a bobblehead. Same as the LG L227wtg I just bought... In fact, most of the Samsung's I looked at up there as well as many others are all sporting these skinny little trendy stilts called stands and pretty much every one of them wobbled. The only one I saw that had a wide "leg" wa a hannspree, which are not the greatest, but it was pretty solid in the stand dept.

I'd suggest going to a local PC place and test out a few before going to The Egg and buying one just to be sure

16:9 :) not only does it cover your vision but they tend to cost much less than similarly sized 16:10s

IMO 16:10 is the best because it's great for real work and multimedia at the same time, whereas 5:4 or 4:3 are both bad for multimedia, great for real work. and 16:9 is bad for real work and great for multimedia.

16:10 is the best of both worlds. I hate that 16:9's have moved into the computer monitor market. I didn't mind that tv's were, but I want my extra 120 pixels :P

16:9 :) not only does it cover your vision but they tend to cost much less than similarly sized 16:10s

This.

16:10 is fine but for gaming/movies I'll take 16:9 every time.

I just looked at one of those at a local Best Buy.. The screen is great, but the stand itself is crap. The slightest wiggle on your desk will turn that screen into a bobblehead. Same as the LG L227wtg I just bought... In fact, most of the Samsung's I looked at up there as well as many others are all sporting these skinny little trendy stilts called stands and pretty much every one of them wobbled. The only one I saw that had a wide "leg" wa a hannspree, which are not the greatest, but it was pretty solid in the stand dept.

I'd suggest going to a local PC place and test out a few before going to The Egg and buying one just to be sure

WRONG! I have a 22" and I'm pounding my desk right now and nothing's happening.

yeah this is a good deal! though it was on newegg a couple days ago for $10 less at $209.99.. but it's only $10 difference

I'm in teh market for a new monitor and i'm stuck between this one and it's 22" equivalent, the 2233SW.

now normally it's a no brainer, 1080P 23" for $220, but I can get the 22" for $170...

that and both probably wouldnt fit on my desk without some desk modifications..which i'm totally down for =P