Dragon Age: Origins

InCrYsIs

84 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be playing Dragon Age Origins?

• Yes
    • No
    • RPG's Suck

Thanks for pointer Clay, yah man, I gotta plan my offense/defense/recovery strategy. I'm already loving this game, and my wife is already hating it/me for playing past midnight, hehehe. Who needs CODMW2 when you got this game. One of the last rpg's that I played was Final Fantasy 7 on console, now this game have a bit of complication to the controls but if I get used to it I am really going to enjoy it. And I plan to play it multiple times with different races/skills.

yeah, space bar is your friend. I have been learning slowly. I find that its kinda rts like in how you have to micro manage your team. So space bar is a godsend. Now that I have a healer class it is alot better too :).

Hint if you need the healer ;)

Go see the mages ;)

You're right man, how could I forget a healer on a team. That is how I used play to in the past, a mage to heal team, and if that mage is doing great of a job for healing, I'd used him to attack whenever he can. I finally got the hang of it with using potions for now, LOL. Back to the game now........

Edited by Voltes_5

Really enjoying the game thus far. Only level 6 on my main character, so haven't gotten to choose any specialization. I'm kind of regretting playing as a mage though...not because I don't like it, but rather because I like Morrigan, and I can see that eventually it'll hurt to have a team with two mages if one is not a healer. Right now I'm specced Primal....the four fire spells and the four lightning spells. I had planned on being a shapeshifter first and then possibly a blood mage, but now i'm reconsidering...if I want to keep Morrigan, maybe it'd be best to being a spirit healer. hmmm. Decisions decisions.

Don't make either mage healer, but at least give your mages the first healing ability :D. It always helps for when your main healer is out of mana or something like that.

My mage is currently a healer right now, but I think I'm gonna switch him over to attack.

You can unlock a mage healer at the Circle of Magi Tower. A specialized Spirit Healer :D

Edited by Krazyxazn

Don't make either mage healer, but at least give your mages the first healing ability :D. It always helps for when your main healer is out of mana or something like that.

My mage is currently a healer right now, but I think I'm gonna switch him over to attack.

You can unlock a mage healer at the Circle of Magi Tower. A specialized Spirit Healer :D

Yes, I know all about Wynne....I'm in the middle of clearing out the Magi Tower right now. However, like I said, I was hoping to keep Morrigan in my party. Right now, for the Magi Tower, I have myself (a primal mage) with Wynne, Leliana and Shale (the golem). Needed a warrior and Shale is a beast, and I have Leliana because I wanted someone able to open locked chests. So aside from main, currently a damage-dealing mage, I have one spot left. It seems, I'm going to have to keep that as Wynne if I continue to focus on damage dealing for my main. I liked Morrigan's crowd control, so I guess I'll have to grab those spells for my main (like affliction hex and mind blast).

I'm still torn on specializations though. Like I said, I was going to be a shapeshifter, but then I lose all my spells while in that form, so I'm thinking that's not the best path for my current build..shrug. So I'm leaning toward Blood Mage + Arcane Warrior. I read up on how to become a Blood Mage, but not sure what I have to do to become Arcane.

Wynne has a nice cc ability too, called paralyzing rune, works wonders you have to train it though :)

Thanks, I'll look into that. Like I said, I just got her, so haven't even leveled her yet.

For anyone that wanted a good informational resource, gamebanshee is great.

Here is there specializations page. Don't worry, there are no spoilers on the linked page....but there will be minor spoilers if you click on specific areas. For specializations, aside from actually showing you the spells/talents you'll receive, it's also useful in letting you know how to "unlock" a specific specialization.

So many many black bars... :wacko:

Just started playing this game, decided to play as a mage and so far I'm not sure if I'm happy with that decision or not, I'm focusing mostly on cold spells right now, like I do with most any rpg. Games good, a little slow but I think I've gotten past most of the slow part. Great game, and ya the controls are a bit awkward but I think once I get used to them I will enjoy them a lot as they seem pretty solid and practical. Have to admit though, was a little skeptical about this game at first but now I'm pretty sure it will keep me occupied through all these other big releases.