Dragon Age: Origins

InCrYsIs

84 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be playing Dragon Age Origins?

• Yes
    • No
    • RPG's Suck

So I was just installing my content for DAO and I noticed I have that Embri's Many Pockets belt already loaded. Now, the only way to get it is through Dragon Age Journeys and well, I'm not that far into it to get it. So uh, free belt for me apparently lol. The freaking Stone Prisoner content has been taking forever to download, but it could just be my terrible connection. Everything else has downloaded just fine, but I have yet to purchase the Warden's Keep.. tempting though it is. I could use a secondary chest to store my items, I barely get rid of anything in RPGs. :P

So I was just installing my content for DAO and I noticed I have that Embri's Many Pockets belt already loaded. Now, the only way to get it is through Dragon Age Journeys and well, I'm not that far into it to get it. So uh, free belt for me apparently lol. The freaking Stone Prisoner content has been taking forever to download, but it could just be my terrible connection. Everything else has downloaded just fine, but I have yet to purchase the Warden's Keep.. tempting though it is. I could use a secondary chest to store my items, I barely get rid of anything in RPGs. :P

IIRC, there was some message the day DAO launched on DAJ that stated that as a thank you to all those who played it, a couple of the items were given to everyone...I think Embri's Many Pockets was one of them :).

Stone Prisoner does take much longer than any other download, but it's understandable. An item isn't that hard to implement, nor is it big in size...but Stone Prisoner not only adds a whole new area to the map, but you get to use Shale in your part, level him up, etc...so there's a lot more content there, including "non-Stone Prisoner" content that has to be updated to accommodate it.

IIRC, there was some message the day DAO launched on DAJ that stated that as a thank you to all those who played it, a couple of the items were given to everyone...I think Embri's Many Pockets was one of them :).

Stone Prisoner does take much longer than any other download, but it's understandable. An item isn't that hard to implement, nor is it big in size...but Stone Prisoner not only adds a whole new area to the map, but you get to use Shale in your part, level him up, etc...so there's a lot more content there, including "non-Stone Prisoner" content that has to be updated to accommodate it.

Well see, I don't recall that message but it is sweet they gave it out. As for the Stone Prisoner well, my connection is shared between 19 other tenants in my building. Its only fast from 2am to 2pm, any other time and people bog it down during the day. Its the only downside to my new apartment complex, but I just do my downloading late at night or before classes. I'll be starting it up in a few hours to give it another go, so we'll see then.

Made this earlier today: Fighting Flemeth

Also got 4 other videos (older ones).

I see Youtube wants to make 720p standard and 1080p as the new highest quality. But what worries me is that their servers have been really slow lately. It takes several minutes to download a HD video. Barely downloading at 120kb/s. I guess I could try to compress my videos with Xvid. Currently using WMV HD, which works with Windows Movie Maker. I'll have to find a profile to enable Xvid on Windows Movie Maker.

Edited by d3bruts1d
added spoiler tags

Killed Flemeth... with me, Allistar, Wynn, and Shale. Oh, apparently the max fire resist you can have is 75%. :angry: Still took a heck of a lot to kill her. Waited for my 3 tanks to die, and then used Wynn's group res. Sucked down a lot of potions as well. Thankful I had drake scale, the hammer from the anvil, and some rings to provide the resist. Oddly, even with Allistar using a shield and with 75% fire resist he was still the first to die...

Walked into another fight completely unprepared, and got my butt handed to me... I think the quest is Unbound. Yeah, death follows that one. Wow.

Oh yeah... and my dwarf totally did it with Morrigan. :wub:

I don't think you guys should have mentioned killing her without spoiler tags. You do not learn that you have to fight her until you find the Black Grimoire and give it to Morrigan, so to me, you've posted a spoiler.

Because you're able to go to areas in any order, I think we should post said area name to inform others what section we're talking about, and then everything else should be in spoiler text unless it's super general. For example, if I wanted to talk about

the werewolves

, I would first say that I will be discussing something during the Brecillian Forest questline, and thus, if you haven't played that section yet, do not read.

As for me, I haven't fought her yet, but when I do, I'll be sure to save before even exiting my camp, thus if I feel I need to change my party, I can do so. I've recently dropped Shale from my party and added Alistair instead. I take him, Leliana and Wynne...I'm a mage, primarily focused on lightning and fire. I'm technically an Arcane Warrior, but I only have the first spell and don't actually utilize it. I take Wynne for the healing and rejuvenating, obviously. I take Leliana for the lockpicking, but she's slightly gimped in battle because I have her using dual-blades, thus her starting archery skills are a waste. I know I should probably switch to Zev, but for one, he doesn't have lock-picking (at least not until I level him), and also, Leliana's in love with me, so she has the level 4 cunning bonus. I switched from Shale to Alistair because I thought he'd make a better tank, and because he'd actually use items I find. I can't really tell if he's a better tank or not, but I'll be sticking with him for now. Sadly, my relationship with him is merely neutral, as opposed to Shale where I had lvl 2, and it's going to be very hard to build that up since he doesn't like many of my actions....and I'm sure he won't like when I decide to become a blood mage (whenever I get that opportunity) :lol:.

PS. I've got Leliana above 90, and I have an Andraste's Grace in my possession, so once I'm back to camp, I'll be bedding her...oh, and did I mention I'm a FEMALE elven mage? heehee :D

Edited the posts to add spoiler tags. Good point on that Clay.

Most of my characters are neutral... except Morrigan and my dog. :P Yeah, Zev pissed me off as well... what good is a rogue that cannot pick locks? My next play through, I'll probably use Leliana more.

Wish I had played a female character when I bedded Morrigan. Seeing a necked dwarf isn't as great as it sounds. :P Thankfully my mage and rogue are females. ;)

Edited the posts to add spoiler tags. Good point on that Clay.

Most of my characters are neutral... except Morrigan and my dog. :P Yeah, Zev pissed me off as well... what good is a rogue that cannot pick locks? My next play through, I'll probably use Leliana more.

Wish I had played a female character when I bedded Morrigan. Seeing a necked dwarf isn't as great as it sounds. :P Thankfully my mage and rogue are females. ;)

From what I've read, not all characters will indulge in same-. relations, and I think Morrigan is one of those, so you'll have to just deal with Leliana ;). Besides, bedding Leliana will get you another achievement...you won't get an achievement for bedding Morrigan twice :lol:

I'm positive with Leliana, Morrigan, Wynne, Shale and of course Shale. Alistair and Sten are both neutral, but on the positive side of things for now. I will always quick save before chatting with characters and if the outcome results in a disapproval, usually reload. However, for quest-related approvals/disapprovals, I don't usually do that, which is why Alistair doesn't like me very much :lol:...And whenever I talk to him, I don't get much out of him...maybe a +1 if I'm lucky...I guess he doesn't like female elven mages :lol:

PS. Thanks for editing them, d3. Now I feel better about visiting this thread :D

Sorry about that. I'll be more careful next time.

Here is a guide to giving the gifts: (these charts include where it's found, if you just want the name of items and not the location just send me a PM with the character name)

Al

istair

Link

Do

g

Link

Le

liana

Link

Lo

ghain

Link

Mo

rrigan

Link

Og

hren

Link

St

en

Link

Wy

nne

Link

Ze

vran

Link

Right now I'm just playing with my Mage, Alistair, either Zevran (massive dps) or Leliana (lock picking), and Wynne. If you got time, you can always re-enter places with Leliana after all the major fighting and get all the lock boxes. I personally don't like bringing into fights, doesn't do much damage as an archer but her Bard songs are pretty useful.

If you play along with Zevran you can max out his meter.... in one conversion lol. You will get a reaction from Leliana about it lol. But I chose to not max out his meter.... and just use gifts and talking to him.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Hey krazy, I was taking a look at your character sheet on the community site...I know it doesn't update very well, but what is shows is that you're a level 13 mage and I counted up your attribute points (without the bonuses) and you have 120 total. I am a level 11 mage and I have a total of 132 attribute points. The site doesn't show that I'm an arcane warrior, so it's not even including the points from that, although even if it is, it's still well beyond you...and that's with +6 points you have by being two levels above me.

From what I've read, you've already done the Circle Tower questline, right? If so, read on:

My guess is that you've missed a ton of the attribute-bonus-devices inside the fade. I'm guessing there's unfortunately no way back through there, but just so you know for your future playthrough(s), there are several secret areas inside the fade that contain devices to boosts stats. Some of them you cannot get to until you acquire different transformations, so that means once you do, you'd have to backtrack to those sections and get them. Permanent bonuses to attributes is well worth the extra time spent, IMO. Also, one thing I didn't realize at first was that there are some devices (the ones with the spinning globes at top), which I believe are +willpower IIRC, that can only be obtained when in spirit form. One of the globes that I remember is actually in the very first section...the fortress entrance, or whatever it is. Since you don't have spirit form when you first enter, that's one of those cases where you'd have to backtrack to go get it.

I didn't keep track of everyone one I obtained, so I have no idea how many extra attribute points I have, but it seems like they were fairly substantial!

@ClayMeow

Ah. I see. I got maybe 3-5 of the devices in the Void, each one adding +1 to some stat. But I don't think I backtracked much in there, I just wanted to get the out of the Void.

lol, I here ya. It was definitely a very lengthy section, even without backtracking. heh. I enjoyed it though...it was a nice change of pace. Not as drastic as

the Scarecrow levels

in Batman: Arkham Asylum, but still pretty good :lol: