Dragon Age: Origins

InCrYsIs

84 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be playing Dragon Age Origins?

• Yes
    • No
    • RPG's Suck

Well, I finally played some of it last night. I gotta say, its already addicting and I only played about 3 and a half hours of it lol. I almost didn't want to stop, but I couldn't keep my eyes open around 2am so I had to. :lol: I'm playing through on my human warrior character, I just got done with

Ostagar and got Morrigan to join me, so I'm off to Lothering

now. The BDA piece I got was the breastplate and holy jebus you need 38 strength to wear it. :O Ah well, only 18 more to go lol. I'm definitely going to be putting a lot of time into this game once the semester ends.. and on weekends lol.

Also, for the relations, from what I've heard,

Alistair only likes women, Leliana likes both, Morrigan likes men only, and Zevran swings both ways as well.

Finished the game last night...

Must say:

The Archdemon wasn't that hard... I had more trouble with the loghain dual (1v1), my warrior couldn't do the damage as I am a tank... However when I took morrigan in I was able to freeze him and slow him down, and do alot of damage, used alot of potions but it was far easier.. The issue too, is after you defeat him with his troops you can't save, it automaticly goes into the dual, which was a headache to get passed that point, because if you failed you had to start the whole battle over...

Oh and I didn't realize you can re size the action bar until pretty much the last few quests of the game... GG!!! This made the AI use alot more of their abilities for some reason too, and I didn't need to micro-manage them as much... At least it seemed like...

Edited by greengiant912

Really pissed off Alistar.... wow, was he angry at me. :lol:

Picked the queen over him, and the spoiled brat didn't like it and left my party.

That's ok...

I turned Logain into a Warden, and he sucks about as much as Allistar did.

:P

Oh, and I've completed the Deep Roads already, but...

talking to Shale he wants to go there. But I had already coppied the golem list and Shale wanted a copy... looks like I'm cannot go anywhere else rep wise with him

For those that have done the Redcliffe questline (this may differ if you're not a mage, so just a warning)...

I'm in the middle of it and stopped right before I have to choose what to do about Connor. I'm sorry, but this game is just awesome. I was/am really torn about what to do. I'm leaning towards going with Jowan's approach (yes, I let him out of his cage) and letting the lady sacrifice herself, mainly because I want to become a blood mage, so I have to embrace that side of things, right? lol. Anywho, don't spoil it for me.

Finished the game last night...

Must say:

The Archdemon wasn't that hard... I had more trouble with the loghain dual (1v1), my warrior couldn't do the damage as I am a tank... However when I took morrigan in I was able to freeze him and slow him down, and do alot of damage, used alot of potions but it was far easier.. The issue too, is after you defeat him with his troops you can't save, it automaticly goes into the dual, which was a headache to get passed that point, because if you failed you had to start the whole battle over...

Oh and I didn't realize you can re size the action bar until pretty much the last few quests of the game... GG!!! This made the AI use alot more of their abilities for some reason too, and I didn't need to micro-manage them as much... At least it seemed like...

Excuse me..did you say finished the game? Damn that was fast.

It took me almost 2 weeks o.o... I didn't finish the "game" I finished my first play threw if it makes ya feel better :)

2 weeks for one playthrough is reasonable I guess. I am treating the game like a fine wine. Small sips and making it last. :rolleyes:

2 weeks for one playthrough is reasonable I guess. I am treating the game like a fine wine. Small sips and making it last. :rolleyes:

I'm doing "small sips" as well... not really by choice, but because I've been working two jobs... technically 3. Though I'm still close to finishing up the game on my first play through. Sometimes after a 15 hour work day, it's nice to go home and kill some dark spawn for an hour. :D

I'm doing "small sips" as well... not really by choice, but because I've been working two jobs... technically 3. Though I'm still close to finishing up the game on my first play through. Sometimes after a 15 hour work day, it's nice to go home and kill some dark spawn for an hour. :D

Thats what I did. As a fulltime student approaching the end of the semester things can get rough :-\... I have only had a little bit of time to play considering how fast I usually play threw games..

Thats what I did. As a fulltime student approaching the end of the semester things can get rough :-\... I have only had a little bit of time to play considering how fast I usually play threw games..

You're telling me. Two research papers and a film review are whats going to kill me in the next few weeks. Though uh, today I took a break from everything and just played DAO for a few hours lol. I got past the

Circle Tower

and am just hanging out at camp. Bloody backpacks cost a small fortune but I had to get one to hold more stuff. Maybe I was mistaken, but aren't there supposed to be a storage chest at the party camp to hold more items? Or does it not appear until a few more main quest lines are done?

Edited by bp9801

No storage chest in camp. If you get wardens keep, there's a chest there. At first i was very strapped for cash but I'm slowly building it up. I've bought 3 backpacks, IIRC. The problem with the game, as far as inventory mgmt goes, is that many questlines are rather long and you can easily fill up before you get to a merchant.